ESA/housing benefit etc

Mrs_Jeeps
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI Evereyone

I'm wondering if anyone could help with what my mother in law could potentially claim.

She is unable to work for a variety of reason inc athritis, gall stones etc but at present does not claim anything for whatever reason.

She is seperated from her partner and her only income was some rent from her eldest son who only returned home on the weekend, so stays at home 2 days a week.

Could anyone tell me what she would be able to claim and the amounts?

Cheers:)

There isn't enough information in your post to say. Assuming she is under pension age, she may be able to claim ESA, and possibly housing benefit/council tax benefit. Any amounts would depend on her particular circumstances, and it's unlikely that message board posters could make a sensible guess at that.

Here's some information.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Fortunatley I've done my stint at the CAB but before esa came in and wasnt entirely sure how it worked. ;)

It's not easy to explain succinctly how it works, but roughly:

Your MIL must be under 60 and ill with supporting medical certificates. What she would possibly receive would depend on many factors, such as her previous NI contributions, or her present income. In some cases the income of a partner would be considered, as would any savings/capital she may have.

She would probably (but not certainly) need to attend various interviews at a local Jobcentre, and also a medical at a local(ish) office. The idea behind the medical is that it focuses on what she *can* do, not what she can't.

The variables are huge, and there's no way anyone can say for sure what she might be entitled to. She can claim by calling 0800 0556688.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.