You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

revco

Advice on settling with link needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3992 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi.

New to the site, looks good.

I have been on a DMP with CCCS for nearly 2 years. I have taken my debt from £29000 to £17000. I had 10 creditors.

About a year ago lowell financial made me an offer to pay 20% of the £5000 I owed. My father gave me the cash and I was able to clear that one debt.

My father has now told me to contact my creditors and try to get similar deals and he will help me out again.

I spoke to CCCS but they seem reluctant to help (I guess they lose funding if I pay sooner) but are sending some information.

CCCS said I should find out how much my father will give, then offer it to them. I disagree and think if I tell the creditors to make me an offer, then he can decide what he can afford.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am paying £342 a month.

The debts are approx:

link £7900 (bank loan)

link £2100

link £2000

link £1200

link £1200

iqor £1200

capquest £850

aktiv kapital £280

DWP (dept work and pensions) £170

Most of them are with link. Big one was abby national loan, one is abby overdraft, one is catalogue, one is furniture store, DWP claim I got overpaid benefits, rest are credit cards.What is the best advice to negotiate with them?

I foolishly ignored most of them for 4 or 5 years before going to CCCS. The debts changed hands a few times, so not entirely sure who they were with originally.

Any help appreciated, though I won't understand most abbreviations or jargon.

Cheers.

Edited by revco
Added something