London v Current acc Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have been with Halifax for years.

I have had missed payments here and there (but I would say just a few in the last 14 years) ...I am only human...

As I have had all these years my salary paid in (good salary I would say), Halifax have been ok (that's what I thought).

Two years ago when I have been through diff. times I have lost my job.:(, therfore I have been getting the JOB seekers allow.

Anyway once I have started to reclaim the charges applied onto 2 Haliax credit cards as well as the curr account, I have had that feeling that Hlaifax will come back to get me somehow, therfore I have opened another acc within months with a diff. bank.

The curr. acc I've had had an aranged overdraft for 500.00. Once I have opened the other acc, I have told the new bank to close the halifax cur acc. and to transfer everything from there including the overdraft..but they could not transfer the overdraft but they did everything else.

I was £496.00 in overdraft. Halifax wrote me a letter saying that they have charged me £6.43 which made me going over the arranged overdraft.

My question is:

is there anything I could do to get rid of these charges extra???Actually to freeze these one?

I know that I have to pay back and anyone would advice me how to proceed? Would I have to offer a £1.00 payment??

I am only asking as I have reclaimed all the charges under the Hardship Case and now is with FOS.....

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

DD:)

Hi there,

I have been with Halifax for years.

I have had missed payments here and there (but I would say just a few in the last 14 years) ...I am only human...

As I have had all these years my salary paid in (good salary I would say), Halifax have been ok (that's what I thought).

Two years ago when I have been through diff. times I have lost my job.:(, therfore I have been getting the JOB seekers allow.

Anyway once I have started to reclaim the charges applied onto 2 Haliax credit cards as well as the curr account, I have had that feeling that Hlaifax will come back to get me somehow, therfore I have opened another acc within months with a diff. bank.

The curr. acc I've had had an aranged overdraft for 500.00. Once I have opened the other acc, I have told the new bank to close the halifax cur acc. and to transfer everything from there including the overdraft..but they could not transfer the overdraft but they did everything else.

I was £496.00 in overdraft. Halifax wrote me a letter saying that they have charged me £6.43 which made me going over the arranged overdraft.

My question is:

is there anything I could do to get rid of these charges extra???Actually to freeze these one?

I know that I have to pay back and anyone would advice me how to proceed? Would I have to offer a £1.00 payment??

I am only asking as I have reclaimed all the charges under the Hardship Case and now is with FOS.....

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

London, is the hardship case separate to the other thread you have?

And when did you reclaim under financial hardship and did they give you a financial hardship closure letter which should explain any refund if any?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

London, is the hardship case separate to the other thread you have?

And when did you reclaim under financial hardship and did they give you a financial hardship closure letter which should explain any refund if any?

Hi there yourbank,

Halifax did send the financial statement 3 months ago, then no sign, then another statement to complete and sent, but nothing. I have explain the stiuation as being in Hardship case but no reply....then FOS.

I do not know what it means hardship closure...sorry???:confused:

At the moment I am waiting for FOS....

DD

Hi there yourbank,

Halifax did send the financial statement 3 months ago, then no sign, then another statement to complete and sent, but nothing. I have explain the stiuation as being in Hardship case but no reply....then FOS.

I do not know what it means hardship closure...sorry???:confused:

At the moment I am waiting for FOS....

DD

Halifax should under the FSA Waiver issue a financial closure letter which should outline a final response on the financial hardship part of the claim.

With the FOS did you send them Income and expenditure form(household) plus all correspondence and any arrears notices?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Halifax should under the FSA Waiver issue a financial closure letter which should outline a final response on the financial hardship part of the claim.

With the FOS did you send them Income and expenditure form(household) plus all correspondence and any arrears notices?

Hi yourbank,

Halifax did send a letter saying that they can not see any sign of financial problems after I have completed the financial statement sent by them around 4 months ago maybe even more...I have to check. How did they come to this I do not know but I am sure it was just a template letter they sent as a same letter one of my friend had.

So, I have sent another letter with all the expenditures (a copy of financial statement), that I am under JSA, bills do have to be paid and I do not have enough ...etc. And what they did? Thay have sent another financial statement to be completed ...so I did 1 month ago.Nothing since btu I have taken FOS route. I am still waiting to hear from them...so no I did not have anything with regards to the expenditures yet, as they will have to investigate how Haliafax handeld the issue...

DD:rolleyes:

Hi yourbank,

Halifax did send a letter saying that they can not see any sign of financial problems after I have completed the financial statement sent by them around 4 months ago maybe even more...I have to check. How did they come to this I do not know but I am sure it was just a template letter they sent as a same letter one of my friend had.

So, I have sent another letter with all the expenditures (a copy of financial statement), that I am under JSA, bills do have to be paid and I do not have enough ...etc. And what they did? Thay have sent another financial statement to be completed ...so I did 1 month ago.Nothing since btu I have taken FOS route. I am still waiting to hear from them...so no I did not have anything with regards to the expenditures yet, as they will have to investigate how Haliafax handeld the issue...

DD:rolleyes:

The financial closure letter is what you have to argue to the FOS, ie that their response was wrong. However at the moment the FOS can simply say that halifax complied with the waiver.

I am getting a lot of these sarcastic emoticons used once I post.......I just wish someone would say sod off my thread cos I can, lol.

The financial closure letter is what you have to argue to the FOS, ie that their response was wrong. However at the moment the FOS can simply say that halifax complied with the waiver.

I am getting a lot of these sarcastic emoticons used once I post.......I just wish someone would say sod off my thread cos I can, lol.

Hi yourbank,

I only wish I can be the one to tell you that...

Joking:smile:

Do you know what I should do in terms of overdraft now??? Sould I offer any minimum payment of £1.00?? and send a letter of freezing the charges and interests???

Thank you so much.

DD

Hi yourbank,

I only wish I can be the one to tell you that...

Joking:smile:

Do you know what I should do in terms of overdraft now??? Sould I offer any minimum payment of £1.00?? and send a letter of freezing the charges and interests???

Thank you so much.

DD

Personally £1(or £10) a month until the conclusion of the OFT test case issues and make them aware that you will deal with any repayment plans once the legal certainty has been resolved. You have to remember, you want to make them believe that you are being reasonable offering token payments until such time as the legal case is over with and at the same time making sure that if they shut the account you can complain to the FOS cos you were being reasonable to them.

Personally £1(or £10) a month until the conclusion of the OFT test case issues and make them aware that you will deal with any repayment plans once the legal certainty has been resolved. You have to remember, you want to make them believe that you are being reasonable offering token payments until such time as the legal case is over with and at the same time making sure that if they shut the account you can complain to the FOS cos you were being reasonable to them.

Hi yourbank,

Thank you for the advice. Sorry to be a pain...

I have to say that this acc has been closed as once I have tried to use it around 2 weeks ago the cash machine kept it in...and that was without any notice...:-o

I will offer them the token payment as you said.. Should I also mention anything to Halifax with reg. to keeping the card??

But thinking about it I believe that once I have said to the new bank to move everything else over form Halifax acc it might have helped in closing the Halifax acc.?.?

Thank you once more for the help.:)

DD

Hi yourbank,

Thank you for the advice. Sorry to be a pain...

I have to say that this acc has been closed as once I have tried to use it around 2 weeks ago the cash machine kept it in...and that was without any notice...:-o

I will offer them the token payment as you said.. Should I also mention anything to Halifax with reg. to keeping the card??

But thinking about it I believe that once I have said to the new bank to move everything else over form Halifax acc it might have helped in closing the Halifax acc.?.?

Thank you once more for the help.:)

DD

I think if you have used an account transfer service from the new bank, it does normally have a bit where you can close the account so I wonder.......

You don;t have to mention the card at the moment to halifax

I think if you have used an account transfer service from the new bank, it does normally have a bit where you can close the account so I wonder.......

Hi there again,

I will not mention anything...

Thanx

DD

Hi there,

I am back with a few questions.:p

First of all I would like to ask if anyone knows anything about CCCS.

Once joined CCCS (with about 5 accounts with them), never received any statements. Is that normal????:-?

Secondly, is there any chance that to be able to come out of it any time?

And third and last point - as finishing work being on the point of getting pension would that be anything I could do to pay less per month???

Many thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi your bank,

I have had a letter from Halifax about my offer letter of £1.00 saying to contact a management company as they will not accept my offer unless they receive a New financial statement drafted by Mangament comp or CAB,etc.

Now if by any chance I will use instead of management comp. the Citizen Adv.B. or Trading Office,etc, they will add charges.

My question is: why do I have to take a Management company in order to escape these charges ??? and why do they keep aplying charges if I use other companies?????:confused::confused::confused:. I am definetely puzzeled now...

I have been with CAB about 2 years ago and they have closed the case as everything was sorted...then I have CCA them, claimed all the charges, and the whole story....etc which CAB doesn't know.

Any thoughts?? Many thanks.:cool:

DD

Hi there again,

I have a letter from Halifax saying that they are charging (over the 500 aranged overdraft) £28.00 and they will also be adding interests on it.

I have written to CAB and still waiting for their reply.

Are they entitled to do that??? I was 496.00 in overdraft, then they have applied a £6.47 interest and obviously I went over the arranged overdraft going to- 503... Ihave offered a token payment of £1.00 as I am on JOB Seekers, they rejected it saying that I have to contact the CCCS or similar comp. and now £28.00.

What shall I do now????:confused:

DD

• 1 month later...

HI there everyone,

I have received the letter after months and months of letting them know that I am in hardship case...plus 2 financial statements which Halifax sent and here I am 6 months later...this letter.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/americaninparis/BankCurrentaccrespondedafter8mon-1.jpg

Any thoughts please??:?

Thank you kindly,

DD

Is that a personal bank account?

The letter does not even state why they think that you are not in financial hardship.

The letter is almost like one you would get for a credit card account.

Is that a personal bank account?

The letter does not even state why they think that you are not in financial hardship.

The letter is almost like one you would get for a credit card account.

Hi yourbank,

Thank you for looking into it. Yes it is a current acc. They have stoped my card into the cash machine but they have never sent another one, although I did not wish to have anything to do with this bank anymore...

It is a strange one for to see something like that but what shall I do now?

DD:cool:

and received the statement today ...£28.00 charged for over the overdraft limit when I mentioned not to be charged while contacting the CCCS and CAB...

Have to write them another letter again...

Why are they so thick to understand???????

Geting p...d off with them lot. It is a good bye from me once I finished with them.

DD:p

Hi there everyone,

It is time for the muppets show:D

Have a look at what I have received:

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/americaninparis/HalifaxCurrAcc.jpg

What do you think guys??

So they have agreed finally that I am in hardship!!!

Also no charges applied and that is a good sign...but where are the repayment of the charges....almost 2 grand???

Hi there everyone,

Have received the following letter to my curr. acc (I've had with Halifax) as to the date did not received any card they have taken without any prior notice.

As I have written a letter with regards to the new regime of charges as well as complaining about taken the card....

I have read the letter and it appears that after almost 1 year of writing to let them know that as I am in financial diff. they have to either stop adding any charges and obviously to return the charges applied since opening this acc. (which I am sure they will not until the 19th Nov...200? when court will decide)

Anyway it seems strange letter to me as it is no case number to refer to the charges nor it is about the new regime....what is it about then???

Have a look...

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/americaninparis/CurrAcc-Halifaxreply.jpg

Edited by London000

Hi there everyone,

It is time for the muppets show:D

Have a look at what I have received:

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/americaninparis/HalifaxCurrAcc.jpg

What do you think guys??

So they have agreed finally that I am in hardship!!!

Also no charges applied and that is a good sign...but where are the repayment of the charges....almost 2 grand???

You get that on the conclusion of the OFT test case issues but it is one less thing to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone,

Following my template letter drafted by Bookworm with regards to the £1.00 charge daily on Curr. Acc. I have received the following response:

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/americaninparis/CurrentAccHalifaxlastletter-1.jpg

They have also said on the back of their above letter as it can't be seen, that "As long as you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need for you to reply to my letter. If I have not heard from you within the next 8 weeks from the date of this letter I will close my file."

I would like to close the account once I have paid the O/D but if there is anyone to let me know if Halifax will be charging anything should I do it...and how much?

Thank you,

Edited by London000