GMAC Sold Mortgage Before Informing By Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I was with GMAC on a fixed rate which is coming to an end in oct. I had a letter telling me of my new rate when the fixed rate ends and was very happy with it. £900 reduction from an 8% to a 3.15%. Then i recieved a letter saying that my mortgage has been sold to webb resolutions which they can do as per terms & conditions but this letter was dated the same day as the sale. This means that it was sold 4 days before telling me. Is this legal? or should i have had notice of this?. Good job i did not pay this months instalment as it would have gone to the wrong company.

• 2 months later...

I too got my mortgage transferred to Webb Resolutions from GMAC, so far they have been ok though. I had same kind of thing though I got the letter welcoming me to Webb Resolutions before GMAC letter arrived a bit of a joke really!

Have you seen the information about excessive charges from GMAC?!

I will be calling them later to find out if I am entitled to a refund and of how much, fingers crossed could really do with some extra cash :) As I was already in arrears with a suspended possession order through GMAC am wondering how much I was overcharged by?

x

Edited by stressed2009
added more info

i was with gmac who also sold my morgaege to webb without informing me

about it i am now in arears and and being took to court for repossetion

which i am going to fight through the courts

Shout out if you need help with your defence :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

This happened to me too, although it was sold to another lender whom I hadnt heard of, GMAC even tried to evict me days after they had sold it off, I filled in an N244 form and went to court with no knowledge that GMAC didnt own my mortgage anymore.

I too got a welcome pack from the new lender before GMAC advised me of the sale.

Their solicitors then sent the court order confirming the sale months afterwards.