You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

jo5ephedward5

annualcreditreport.co.uk

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3377 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I just signed up with annualcreditreport.co.uk to get a look at my file(s), I noted that I had a good score and that I only had 3 accounts listed all of which were good.

I thought this was odd as when I got my files direct from the CRA 6 months ago there were 12+ accounts and loads of other info…

annualcreditreport offer a dreaded ‘premium’ account where you get to see a bit more info, I paid up and got no real extra info – I dropped them a mail asking where they get their info from as I know its not the full picture – their response is below – I feel conned and want my £4.95 back!

6 August 2009 at 14:36

Victoria (Credit Analyst) said:

Hi

Thanks for your message.

The information you see on annualcreditreport.co.uk is generated from the credit reference agency Callcredit. This is done in a very similar way to how a potential lender would do. A singe credit agency does not report all of your accounts. Even if we searched all three major agencies, these still would not cover everything. Some lenders don't report information to the agencies at all, and utilities, the Student Loans Company and some other companies can't do so as they don't have your consent. Therefore all credit files show just a part of your financial commitments rather than the whole picture.

We can usually successfully analyse your credit rating with just one agency file, much in the same way as many lenders will similarly assess your credit rating using just one agency. If we used more than one, then our analysis wouldn't be representative of your credit rating, as most lenders don't ever use two agencies in combination, because much of the information on their reports would be duplicated. We supplement the information you receive from the statutory report with information used by lenders that are not generally available, and let you know if there are bits missing, which are usually more important than most other aspects.

I hope this helps but should you have any further queries please get in contact.

Regards

Vicki

annualcreditreport.co.uk

Edited by jo5ephedward5
formatting!

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

I sent them a request for a refund and said i think they should state that they only use call credit and that i would like a refund and they said no [see below] - think i'll use the visa refund form from my bank and get this back - they were ambiguous about their service therefor they should refund me.

Victoria (Credit Analyst) said:

Hi

Thanks for your message.

Launched in 2001, Callcredit is the fastest growing credit reference agency and now reports account information from the majority of the big lenders in the UK. Callcredit reports often provide more account information than their competitors, and always in greater depth, though this may of course vary on an individual basis. The reason for this is that they are in a unique position because customers of both of their competitors provide account history to their normal agency, with a copy to Callcredit, every month. Unfortunately it appears Callcredit do not hold all of your information, not specifying on our website exactly which agency we generate your data from give us the ability as a company to switch if necessary between the agencies.

I am afraid I would not be able to provide you with a refund as we have provided you with the service we state on our website. It was not our intention to misguide you and I am sorry you have not been satisfied with the information provided. We give you the ability to see the type of information a lender would see if they were to see your credit file with Callcredit in relation to a credit application. Often when a lender obtains your data they will only do so from one of the three agencies, this is the nature of the credit industry.

If you wish I can cancel your subscription to ensure no further payments are taken. Please confirm by return message and I will action this for you straight away.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Vicki

annualcreditreport.co.uk

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

It's better to order your credit report direct from the credit reference agency. You can get your first copy free from Experian, Equifax and Call Credit. After that, it costs just £2 for your statutory report.

Compare Experian, Equifax and CallCredit and Find Out How To Get Your Free Credit Report!