Can anyone tell me how to complain about a bailiff company rather than the bailiff himself?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am new, so please be gentle with me.

I have a probblem with 'Collect Services Limited' in that an agreement was made to repay £50 every 31 days commencing 1st June 2009. Original debt owed £197.75 for unpaid council tax.

On 16/6/2009 a hand delivered letter was left OUTSIDE a communal entrance to a block of flats stating that agreement had not been adhered to, they had come that day to collect money and if new sum of £327.75 wasn't paid immediately they would be re-attending to remove goods.

I e-mailed collect and asked them what they were playing at and the response to this was - 'As stated an arrangement was set up for £50 per month commencing on 01.06.2009. Therefore, a payment was due on 01.06.2009 and on the 1st of each moth thereafter. We trust this clarifies things.

I emailed back and said that NO this did not clarify things. If that was what was meant then their agreement should have been worded correctly. I re-pointed out what their original agreement said and informed them that I would continue to pay as I had done (£50 paid 01/07/09 and £50 on 01/08/09).

I also queried the additional fee (difference between 197.75 and new figure of £327.75) and told them that they could remove this from my account as a visit had been made which was not needed under the agreement.

Heard nothing more until this morning - letter arrives through post (2nd class) dated 3rd August which is headed 'Removal Notice' telling me that I have failed to pay as per the agreement and inspite of deducting the £100 already paid - they are now trying to get £277.75 out of me.

It looks as though they are trying to con £180 (difference between original debt of £197.75 and new amout as of today £277.75).

I have had no explanation as to what additional charges are for and the bailiffs have NEVER left proper paperwork ie, fees list etc whenever they have visited.

As it is the company I have been dealing with rather than an actual bailiff I would like to complain about the company but don't know how to do this or who to complain to. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post - had to explain everything as best i could.

As Miss Hallowitch has already stated you need to inform the council that are dealing with this. Also you need and write a complaint to Collect servises LTD. I have had dealings with these people in the past and dont like to be told what the law with regards to charges but they do evetually comply. so get the complaints letter off to them with a copy of complaint to the council and visa versa. Can I ask what council it is with please.

Thank you both for your advice so far.

What would I need to put in the complaint letter to Collect (not sure how to go about this one).

I have an idea of how to word the letter to the council and will do this tonight when children have gone to bed as I can concentrate better then.

The council involved is Tendring District Council.

Thank you both for your advice so far.

What would I need to put in the complaint letter to Collect (not sure how to go about this one).

I have an idea of how to word the letter to the council and will do this tonight when children have gone to bed as I can concentrate better then.

The council involved is Tendring District Council.

I am so surprised that tendring are still using these muppets as I have complained to them so many times about these bailiffs and their wrong charges. Tendring are well aware at what collect can and cannot charge.

I am presuming its for council tax as they only mainly use collect servises for this they use marstons for parking, why they cant stick to one company is beyond me. Get your email off to tendring first, they usually get back within the day so try and do it asap. see what they have to say. Tendring have a Bailiff surgery on a friday afternoon it may well be worth a visit down to the council tax office and having a chat with the bailiff that is there. Dont take any crap off them though they really like to bump up the charges. If you do go get the bailiffs name for me thats doing it as I have a funny feeling that they are not certified, just a hunch on my part here. They know what they should be charges but like all other bailiffs they really do like to try it on.

By the way I am in tendring myself ;)

Edited by seanamarts

I had a letter from these, hanging out of my letter box on monday. They state that i owe £290 on an £80 fine. I emailed the officeafter coming to anarrangement on the phone with the bailiff but not had any response. I am still going to keep to it but they are useless. Thanks Dacorum Council!

• 3 weeks later...
I had a letter from these, hanging out of my letter box on monday. They state that i owe £290 on an £80 fine. I emailed the officeafter coming to anarrangement on the phone with the bailiff but not had any response. I am still going to keep to it but they are useless. Thanks Dacorum Council!

Sweet sweet justice methinks;)

Pay the fine and tough luck matey:razz:

Just giving you the same helpfull advice you give people fighting GEMoney and the like :D:D:D:D

Thanks everyone for all your help. A complaint letter has been sent to Tendring District Council who say they are looking into the matter - won't hold my breath though.

In the meantime I have had an email from Collect Services, who 'having reviewed my account' have removed the bailiff charges as a good will gesture.