You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• i would suggest you look at the dates of posts on those other forums paypal do not sell debts and even if they do, there is stuff and all any debts buyer could do yo you in the UK. forget it, or even better go complaint to your bank and tell them paypal did not advise you £1200 would come out of your a/c, which they should do, and that it was the result of fraud. you don't have to tell them any details.   as for the rest of your debts..   debt IS NOT A CRIMINAL OFFENCE IN THE UK..where the beep did you get that from!!   pers i'd be opening a parachute account and getting asll your income paid into that so NO-ONE can get their hands on it. cause NW are just about to introduce 40% OD int rate and they will forever be draining you of money   get OUT NOW from them.   dx      
    • I'm aware there are some grammatical and reference errors but the post expired before I could fix. I'd really like to know if I've made valid points or not. Thanks.
    • Another thing, they say they have photographic evidence of the entry and exit times, but have not included it in the SAR. If they have photos shouldn't they provide them in the SAR? And if they don't have them now, how can they prove anything?    Should I ask OBS to produce the photos?
    • Is this any better?  I've resigned myself to losing. Admittedly, I don't quite know what I'm doing. I just hope I get a remote hearing, that should save me some embarrassment.      1) The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Provident subsequently assigned to Vanquis Bank Limited under account reference xxx.    2) It is admitted I have had financial dealings with Provident in the past. However, have no recollection of the alleged reference number the claimant refers to.   3) In February 2019 I made a formal written request to the Claimant for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.    4) On the 21 June 2019 the Claimant sent a response which enclosed a reconstituted copy of an agreement, default notice, notice of assignment Provident to Vanquis, notice of assignment Vanquis to Lowell. [EXHIBIT x, x & x].   5) On 30/07/19, I received a claims form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £369.84. The claimant contends that the claim is for the sum of £369.84 in respect of monies owing under an alleged agreement with the account no xxxx  pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA).   6) Contained within the claimants particulars the claimant states that the account was subject to assignment from Provident to Vanquis. The claimant states a further assignment to them occurred on 12/06/2017 with notice given.    7) It is denied notice of assignment from Provident to Vanquis and subsequently Vanquis to Lowell were ever received.    😎 The claimant states documents were received at both addresses. The claimant doesn’t appear able to confirm my address and therefore cannot say with certainty said documents were received. Furthermore, the client did not issue said documents and therefore cannot prove delivery.     9) It is denied any communication took place with myself and Vanquis Bank Limited. Any alleged legal assignment to part of the “Fresh Start” initiative had not been informed. I have no previous knowledge.   10) Under the consumer credit act 2006, until debts have been repaid, there is an obligation to send statements and notices to the debtor at prescribed intervals at no more than 12 months. The statement should explain the money borrowed, money paid, interest in all cases and the outstanding amount. Consequences of failing to make repayments and the opportunity of making minimum payments should be informed. The Claimant has submitted a statement of accounts dated March 2019. This having followed my request for a credit consumer agreement. It is denied this document and any such required statement of accounts required under section 77A during the alleged agreement were ever received.   11) The claimant states that a default notice was issued on 18thJanuary 2017. The payment date requested by Vanquis Bank Limited on said document is  28thFebruary 2017. The formal Notice of Default that was accompanying this letter displays a requested payment date, 28thFebruary 2019. (Exhibit x, x)   12) I argue that this is not in fact a COPY of an original default notice, that they state was issued during February 2017, but that this is a fabricated version of a default notice created by Lowell. Either way the default notice was not issued by the assigned creditor (Vanquis).   13) It is therefore contended that the original creditor failed to serve a valid Default Notice pursuant to section 87(1) Service of a notice on the debtor or in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor of a regulated agreement.   14) The Claimant states a default notice was not required. If there is a default in payments during the fixed term a default notice must be issued. The Claimant states they were informed a default notice was sent on 18thJanuary. The Claimants case relies upon being informed and does not constitute fact.   15) It is denied a default notice was ever received.    16) It is admitted I responded to the Claimant’s pre-action protocol letter addressed in my name. I indicated I did not know if I owed the debt. I indicated as such having no recollection of affiliation with Vanquis nor Lowell. A default for the allege debt appearing on my credit file only November 2019.    17) I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income.   As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   18) Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Spurs4ever

VT on an immobile car, with an ownership twist!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3885 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Reading through the posts on here lead me to believe that this might be more of a headache than it should be, so before I embark on the slippry road that is Welcome Finance Voluntary Termination, I thought I would share my situation to see if someone out there can advise on the best course of action.

Anyway here goes...

My partner and her now ex husband, purchased a car through Welcome Finance from their Approved Car Finance dealership in Luton on the 23rd 1st 2007 on a 48 month agreement with the only addition to the contract being MBI which was for £600 and ran out in Jan this year.

I've split the rest of this up so it makes it easier to not only read, but also repsond to:

The Contract :-

My partner has all of the original paperwork. The contract is in both my partners name and her ex husbands name.

Q1) does this mean that if there are any monies owed on the car that they will see it as a marrital asset and therefore both parties are equally liable for 50% of all debt arising from it? Or as the car's logbook is now in the name of my partner, she will be liable for all costs?

Payments :-

Payments have been on time and without arrears until 2 days ago when my partner decided to stop the DD after the engine siezed up last weekend. Since 23/01/2007 some £9088.20 has been paid on it (excluding £1 px on her old car) which means that she is well over the 50% threashold on the total payable under the contract of £14,642.12

Q2) Can I assume that my partner will only be liable for costs over and above this figure as she has surpassed the 50% threashold needed to be able to VT.

The Car :-

The car has never been serviced, never been checked other that at MOT's and after failing to spot an oil leak last weekend, the engine packed up on the M2. I am trying to get her to get an independant mechanic to check the car over with a view of at least getting a quote, and in addition to this getting a written quote so that WF dont try and stitch us up.

Q3) Can they use anyone to repair the car, and if so, if the fees are deemed as extortionate compared to our independant quote, can we appeal against the monies requested from us by WF for the repairs?

The situation :-

My partner is regisatered disabled, I do not drive. I care for her full time, therefore I dont have an income (apart from carers allowance which is, well laughable, but that's for another conversation). We cannot afford to repair this car whilst still paying the monthly payments to WF. A mechanic mate of mine over the phone told me that there is a good chance it will need a new engine at a cost of £1500 +, something we simply cannot afford. We are aware that WF can and will charge us the repair costs, this is not a problem (we can pay £5 a month if necessary) we just want the car gone (apart from the damage, it is the last link to her ex she has). My partner is already looking at secondhand motors in the Auto Trader.

She had a phone call today from a mobile number (this guy called a few months ago so we know he was from WF) asking for payment or court action etc etc. My partner told him the situation and he suggested that she self terminates the agreement, which she agreed to.

Q4) Am I right in thinking that this guy may terminate the contract his end therefore meaning that we are liable for all the monies owed under the terms of the agreement? Shall I get a letter of Voluntary Termination out in the post ASAP to stop this from happening?

Well thats about it really, sorry to go on, but apart from this forum I have no idea where to go for advice.

Thanks in advance all those who can help.

Regards

Simon

Edited by Spurs4ever

hi spurs4ever,

I can't offer you much help on what seems very complicated, the only thing i can say for sure is that as the account is in both names both people are responsible for the payments, but as most DCA's look for one member of the old partnership they will take it all from the person they find first.

as for being taken to court over one late payment that is 2 days late..the bloke from welcome is a grade A muppet and trying to scare your partner into payment.

there are many other members on here who can advise you fully about VT'ing the car, with patience they will find your thread and reply with far more comprehensive help/advice.

Thanks The Wife,

Very complicated it is too. Had a quote from a national engine repairer for £675 + VAT plus fitting for a recon engine.

Anyway...

I can't offer you much help on what seems very complicated, the only thing i can say for sure is that as the account is in both names both people are responsible for the payments, but as most DCA's look for one member of the old partnership they will take it all from the person they find first.

What happens if the first person they find cannot afford to pay it back, will they go to the second person, or can you, as the first person, force the second person to pay half, as it was both names on the agreement?

as for being taken to court over one late payment that is 2 days late..the bloke from welcome is a grade A muppet and trying to scare your partner into payment.

Thats nothing compared to some of the tatics I have read on MoneySavingExpert today! Still a good punch in the gob will sort out most of them LOL

Thanks again

Simon

they tend to chase the easiest person, and whilst the other person is on that agreement they are still liable but why chase the other person?

you can not force the other person to pay but they can!

you could always try to be reasonable with the ex...get him to pay the repairs and you partner pays the finance? that way he gets off reasonably lightly well its reasonably if you don't take the labour involved. just a thought

you could always try to be reasonable with the ex...get him to pay the repairs and you partner pays the finance? that way he gets off reasonably lightly well its reasonably if you don't take the labour involved. just a thought

No go I am afraid. He is the lowest of the low, and does not even want to talk to his kids (they have 5 of them) let alone pay anything towards the costs of the car. If there is a lot to pay on the repair then, seeing as he is on the agreement, its only right that he has to pay 50% of it, something we will press for as soon as the DCA get involved (if they do)

Hi Simon

I have an ex like that....

I guess you have two choices:

1. stop paying welcome or offer them half the payments

2. VT the car but as the engine has seized I doubt they will accept it. (thats where you need more advice)

the big don't is don't allow you partner to go into the office or sign an new contract at all by post or in any other way, it will cancel out the old agreement, and if the ex doesn't have to sign it, it will mean you partner is fully liable for the new (rewritten agreement).

just run the MBI by me again, how is it that it ran out in january? do you have a copy of the insurance policy or even the agreement..ok if you have any paperwork pertaining to the car finance, insurance etc can you scan them up and post them on here via photobucket please?

Corrinne

Hi Corrinne,

Thanks for the info, its all apprecited.

The MBI is a Mechanical Breakdown Insurance which was for £600 but only valid for the first 24 months of the agreement. Unfortunately, the engine siezed up 32 months in so the MBI would not cover the repair.

An additional amount as I have just noticed from looking at the contract again is a £100 option fee (which incurs interest), with no indication what this option fee is for.

As for the possibility of my partner signing a new agreement etc, you have no worries on that score, shes a sensible lass (not withstanding the option to go with Welcome in the first place).

As for the documents you want scanned, tell me exactly what you are after and I'll get on the case.

Thanks again

Simon

Hi Simon,

the option fee is basically the fee you pay to purchase the vehicle at the end of the HP agreement..if you don't pay it in theory you can't keep the car, but from what I have read on here they have front loaded this fee and you are no doubt paying the interest on this 'fee', which by my understanding is a no no.

scan the credit agreement, the pre contract info, the insurance policies (if you have them), is there PPI on the car? if so any documentation relating to that. make sure all personal details are removed, account numbers car reg and VIN number. you never know but there could be some glaring mistake on it that will invalidate the agreement so you should be able to return the car or get it repaired and have to pay nothing more.

fingers crossed, but the agreements are not my forte, I just waffle along randomly with snippets that I know about and wait for corrections if I am wrong.

C

Was just scanning in the documents when I asked my partner why she had two copies of the agreement (one signed and the other not). She said that the guy in WF said that there was a problem with the first agreement and that he could not sign it. So he wrote out the second one and got them to sign it.

As my partner only has the second page of the second agreement I need to get the info from WF as to what is going on with the account. I am going to ask for the original agreement and a statement of the account.

What do I need to ask for, just the SAR or CCA too? Do I sned themto the same address?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Was just scanning in the documents when I asked my partner why she had two copies of the agreement (one signed and the other not). She said that the guy in WF said that there was a problem with the first agreement and that he could not sign it. So he wrote out the second one and got them to sign it.

As my partner only has the second page of the second agreement I need to get the info from WF as to what is going on with the account. I am going to ask for the original agreement and a statement of the account.

What do I need to ask for, just the SAR or CCA too? Do I sned themto the same address?

Thanks in advance

Simon

A CCA request is quicker, 12+2 days to comply. A SAR will be more revealing but allows 40 days. CCA costs £1, SAR costs £10. If you ask for a statement they will probably want to charge £10 for it, even though (I believe) you are entitled to a statement at least annually.

Either way, send via recorded delivery, using a crossed postal order, do not sign, just print your name and keep the receipts. Don't bother phoning, you may as well bang your head on a brick wall...

All correspondence should be sent to:

Welcome Financial Services Compliance

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Remember they key points: no phone contact, no signatures, letter from your partners name, PO, recorded delivery! Cover all the bases or WF will find a way to wriggle out or get creative.

T2

i have an issue with recorde3d delivery as they "lost" mine even though i now know they were received, if you want to pay out the extra for postage do it special delivery

Thanks for the info guys,

I will send both CCA and SAR out at the same time I think, different envelopes of course. I have seen the templates for CCA and SAR on here and will use them with a little amendment for my needs.

AM I right in thinking that on the CCA my account will be in dispute until I get the paperwork? Is this the same for the SAR?

Just trying to get the legalities of it in my head before I embark on the WF fun fair :)

Thanks again for all your help.

Simon

Hi Simon,

you can only put the account into dispute once the CCA has been sent and you have not received the true original copy after the 12+2 days have gone by.(14 days from postage some say, I did 14 days from delivery using special delivery)

the SAR can not be put into dispute.

the DMP that me and my OH use said that a scanned or printed copy is NOT a true copy, it must be one of the sheets that were attached to the agreement at the time the loan was taken out. however I have yet to be told if this is correct or not on here.

C.

Hi Corrine,

So just to clarify, what do I need to send first, the SAR or the CCA, or can I send for both at the same time?

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

sorry for the delay, you can send them both in the same envelope as long as you put the postal orders for both in there, I wrote on the back of each postal order what it was for i.e SAR request Mr Joe Bloggs and CCA request Mr Joe Bloggs so they knew what they were for should the postal order fall out randomly in the post room. Saves postage thats how I justify using special delivery now :D.

Regards

C

Just one point on joint agreements (your partner and ex) - a joint agreement has joint and several responsibility. THat means that Welcome may pursue either or both to recover any debt. If one can't pay or goes bankrupt, they can and will pursue the other for the whole debt.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Just a small update on this.

A self employed repossession agent working on behalf of WF collected the car on Sat 17th October. Funnily enough he only told me he didn't need a signature or would be leaving any paperwork until he was back in the cab of his truck and ready to pull away.....:-x

Like a good citizen I managed to get his name earlier in the conversation and also made a note of his truck registration number in case of a need to involve the authorities at a later date :)

The log book was taken although he advised that he could not sign it as he was not liable for the car....blah blah blah. (I have a copy of this to prove any tampering if necessary!)

Anyway, I spoke to someone at Welcome Finance VT this morning who advised me that the details were on their system for it to be picked up and that that information was enough to prove that we did not have the car (WTF was this wally on about? LOL). After a bit of probing I got the name, address and phone number(s) of the agency who the lift was assigned to, although the muppet at WF was certain that there would be no comeback. (Hope for his sake that it does not come back and bite him on the bum!)

He did go on to advise me that it would be taken to auction soon and that the new owner would not be registered until this happened. Of course this is not going to wash with the DVLA, and yes I know its my own fault for letting this happen, but now I am chasing up the agency to get hold of confirmation that we no longer have the car in case of an issue down the line.

Any advice on this apart from calling me all the names under the sun :)

Oh and just to clarify, I have not sent for any paperwork from WF as per my above posts yet, although I will be doing all of that this week now.

Regards

Simon

Edited by Spurs4ever

Just called the agency who collected that car. Interestingly enough the same guy who collected the car on Saturday was the same guy who picked up the phone, although this time he called himself a different name.....not impressed with this....he went on to tell me that he had not spoken to the agent who collected the car (himself) and he did not know what pound the car was at....and that I did not need to know this information.

He said WF would be able to confirm collection of car, WF tell me that the agency who collected it will be able to confirm. The guy from the agency took my email address and told me he would email me with confirmation of the collection after I put a little pressure on him, however I doubt I will recieve anything.

Looks like I might be in for a bit of a ride here, although I am happy to call the fuzz to get it looked into if necessary.

Regards

Simon

Me again,

Just to add to this my partner has paid more than the required amount to mean that WF would have needed a court order to repossess the car. I was shown no court order, and after speaking to the guy who collected the car, there was no court order.

In fact there was no letter or correspondence of any kind to tell us that they were going to collect the car other than the request I made to the VT Team on the 24th September 2009 and the subsequent knock on the door by the agent on the day of collection (17/10/09). There was also no DN sent although Welcome claim they have sent it.

Am I right in thinking that not only are they in breach of something or other for not contacting us, they are also in breach of their own T's & C's and we can therefore claim back all monies paid to them for the duration of the agreement.....or am i confusing myself here?

Regards

Simon

Edited by Spurs4ever

Thanks postggj

I have read with interest, and have to say that apart from the fact that Welcome have the log book, my case is exactly the same as caz_1976.

Is the first port of call to get a SAR to see where the account is currently and what paperwork WF do actually have ?

Regards

Simon

Edited by Spurs4ever

Yes

Get That Sar Sent In

Ive Done One Just For Welcome

Ill Post It Up

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

Postggj

Thanks for that will get it in the post first thing tomorrow.

Regards

Simon

Send By Recorded To

Welcome Financial Services

Compliance

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

Ng11 6nz