Doug n Jenny v Barclays/Woolwich

kennyh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sending a bog standard SAR for info on D&J they've received back 3 years account info with a promise that "We are only required to hold account data for 6 years so unfortunately.............". And then I saw this 'they have a duty to supply details back to 27th July 2001 otherwise they are in breach of the Waiver.'

Now I KNOW from posts on this forum that some folk have had far more than the 6years offered and I remember seeing various posts in the past about this '6 year' retention. So far as the latter is concerned I've yet to uncover whether this is Inland Revenue/Company law or just urban legend.

ANY advice would be appreciated.

If you've only rec'd back data for 3 years, complain to the bank about their non-compliance.

Check out the Bank Templates Library, items 18,19 & 20 I think.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

After sending a bog standard SAR for info on D&J they've received back 3 years account info with a promise that "We are only required to hold account data for 6 years so unfortunately.............". And then I saw this 'they have a duty to supply details back to 27th July 2001 otherwise they are in breach of the Waiver.'

Now I KNOW from posts on this forum that some folk have had far more than the 6years offered and I remember seeing various posts in the past about this '6 year' retention. So far as the latter is concerned I've yet to uncover whether this is Inland Revenue/Company law or just urban legend.

ANY advice would be appreciated.

I suspect that 3 years maybe from the point Barclays merged Woolwich together which means that you may have had a different account number and sort code for the Woolwich account, does that sound right?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Many thanks slick &YB. Yes it dates from the Barclay takeover and is just 2 years worth of Edostar reports.

If you've only rec'd back data for 3 years, complain to the bank about their non-compliance

Done just now.

• 3 months later...

Both Doug & Jenny completed the 'means test' forms for hardship and each received lumps which together total c.£2500 - just in time to help out for Xmas. Nothing in the letters to indicate full & final and I wrote back telling them that these payments were most definitely not to be considered as such (using CAG templates of course).

Sounds good.

Any payments made due to hardship (or financial difficulty) should be treated as a payment on a/c of the total sums to be repaid in due course.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Well done Kenny. What form did the refunds take and were the payments made before or after the test case appeal?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Before then, but a good result and enough to make a difference I should think.

Thanks for letting us know.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The kids WILL get something for Xmas

Delighted to hear it.:D