style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i'm stu

i have the bailiffs after me for unpaid council tax from dec 2005 till sept 2006 amber valley for 600, they went to my mums house hasstling her to pressurise me and i havent lived there in 3 years, i rang them up today and they say its 1100 pounds not the 600 that the letter says they gave to my mum last night,, however i lived in leicstershire for 3 years and they been to an address i have not lived in and was told i moved to ambervalley and was workin where do they get this from i'm baffled,however i spoke to the bailiffs on the phone and there pressurisin me to borrow 500 quid or go to prison i'm willing to pay but cant find 500 quid i'm currently on incapacity benefit with severe anxiety thanks stu

Has all of this been ordered by a court?

You need to find that out for certain, if it has then contact that court to see what can be arranged etc...

If it hasnt, then report these rogues to the OFT & the police if they turn up again.

A proper court would make you pay what you can afford.

hi all i'm stu

i have the bailiffs after me for unpaid council tax from dec 2005 till sept 2006 amber valley for 600, they went to my mums house hasstling her to pressurise me and i havent lived there in 3 years, i rang them up today and they say its 1100 pounds not the 600 that the letter says they gave to my mum last night,, however i lived in leicstershire for 3 years and they been to an address i have not lived in and was told i moved to ambervalley and was workin where do they get this from i'm baffled,however i spoke to the bailiffs on the phone and there pressurisin me to borrow 500 quid or go to prison i'm willing to pay but cant find 500 quid i'm currently on incapacity benefit with severe anxiety thanks stu

i dont know if its been to court but they said it will go court MR TON

phone/e-mail the council you owe the debt to tell them that you no longer live with your parents tell them you are on dla ask the council to take payments from your benefit

ask the council how much the liability order is for

£600 cant turn into £110 overnight

you need to find out how much of this £600 is bailiffs fees

I'm sure you have read around and know that the bailiff has no power to do anything

am gonna find out the letter at mums says 600 and the man on the phone says its 1100, mums going to post the letter up and find out whats goin on yes i've read what power the cabbages have and i'm reassured :)

hi all letter come up from mums

it says

dear sir RE NON PAYMENT OF COUNCIL TAX WARRENT OF ARREST(WITHOUT BAIL)

Mr cabbage council tax warrent officer called in today in an attemt to make arrangments with you and to explain the consequences of the above- mentioned warrent, issued by southern derbyshire magistrates court.

as the council tax officer was unable to contact you today and you have not responded to previous summonses i am left with no option but to ask mr cabbage to arrest you and take you directly to magistrates court.

it would be in your interest to contact me Mr cabbage cabbager (revenues collection manager) on the above number 01773 xxxxxx or alternatively my mobile number to discuss this matter

yours faithfully mr coliflour cheeslet.

revenues collection manager

they havent been to see me or rang me back, i cant find out much about them think they work inside amber valley council and are not on the certified bailiff register thanks

welp

I suggest you contact the council in writing explaining that you have not lived at that address hence why you have not recieved the summons.

All bailiffs collecting on behalf of council tax must be certified.. are you sure this is a bailiff or is it the council who has put forward this warrant..

hi heres a copy of the letter

Picture.jpg

i have had no contact for 3 years from these people and dont really know who they are they just turned up at my mums, please advise me as i'm worried

Edited by stueyhooey
picture didnt work