• Tweets

• Well as you're implying, UB, you're going to sign a better trade deal with a large economic bloc than with a small one, aren't you?   I don't think there's any chance of any deal based on a 'special relationship' while Biden's in the White House, but as I said I think Trump would have stitched us up in the end anyway.
    • Atleast 7 years, but they have already done some of the work. I think Liam Fox started this a few years ago.   My guess is that it will take 3 to 4 years before a proper trade deal is signed. There might be a mini trade deal before then limited to a few sectors.   The issue for the Brexit supporters might be when the EU and US sign a trade deal, before there is a UK/US deal. And when this finally happens UK only obtains same deal as EU. There is no reason for US to agree better terms with the UK and they would not do so  because US sees UK as part of Europe.
    • English school leaders despair over new rules on Covid tests and  masks   https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/feb/25/english-school-leaders-despair-at-soft-line-on-covid-tests-and-masks
    • They've estimated 10 years to agree a trade deal haven't they, UB? I think the Tories believed Trump when he said the UK would be at the front of the queue and have a quick trade deal and thought it would look good as an announcement after Brexit happened. It didn't dawn on them until quite late on that Donald might lose the election.   Why they ever thought US negotiators would do any favours is beyond me and now you see how other countries have asserted themselves over trade deals, the Tories global ambitions are starting to look naive.
    • It takes a long time to agree trade deals because there are so many aspects to consider.    UK companies trade with US consumers including US Government every day of the year, with the previous trade arrangements still in place.   There is no hurry to agree a new trade deal. It takes thousands of civil servants in both Governments to go into every aspect and they just don't have the people available to do this work.    
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Aplins/Hillesden Securities Ltd (dlc) claimform - old HBOS Credit Card debt -got CCJ but WON CO Hearing

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3402 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thats what I was also hoping :-(, nothing for months then 3 one after the other, all dated within a few days of each other.

I dropped my payments to 25 quid a month and heard nothing, I was paying 60.00 per month, so still paying something

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the date of issue of the claim?

The covering letters will tell you when the claim is served and when you have to acknowledge service by, also, please?

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

How much is the claim for - £5k, or less?

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Thanks for that Jon, I am completely out of my depth now. I was hoping they would just give up and go away. As long as I get replies in plain english I'll be okay, I think.

I'm no expert but I think, the First thing is to send the form back to the court which says you will defend in full.

Second thing is to send them a CPR request. Draft below

Then see what if anything they send you which would be enforcable, the application form on here isn't. So they are chancing there luck, probably knowing that you are out of your depth. Hoping that you will admit the debt and offer a payment arrangement instead of risking a charging order.

I hope somebody more knowledgable will be along soon to help, but i'll help you as much as I can.

Might be on thread but how much is the alleged debt?

Dear Sir,

Re: (Claimant's name) v (Your name) Case No:

CPR 31.14 Request

On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the (Name) county court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

[Prior to the issue of proceedings I had delivered a request for the production of the agreement mentioned in the Claim Form and on which you rely. That request was ignored][delete if no such request was delivered]

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1 the agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2 the assignment*

3 the default notice*

4 the termination notice*

5 [any other documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim]*

* delete if not mentioned in the Particulars of claim.

[Although your claim is for a sum which is not more than £5,000.00 and will in all likelihood be allocated to the small claims track for determination upon my delivering a defence, at this moment in time I have not delivered my defence and the case has not been allocated to a track. In consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise]#

# delete if claim for a sum exceeding £5,000.00

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition your statement must be accompanied with a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you.

yours faithfully

OMG, that is all gobbledegook to me.

I see car2403 is looking hopefully he'll be able to help you.

gobbledegook thats exactly what DLC are hoping so they get a default judgement!

I'm just reading through the thread - while trying to talk to my mother on the phone, a weekly occurance :rolleyes:

this is confusing me, why am I getting letters from 3 different people about one debt?

Your not they are all the same people, just different names. Apart from the court, they of course are different and the ones who matter!

I'm just reading through the thread - while trying to talk to my mother on the phone, a weekly occurance :rolleyes:

:lol: Had to go and see mine earlier as she only lives 12 miles away! I really need to move!:rolleyes:

Good luck shazza keep in touch

I may be next

Or me, i've got 18k with them that i've not paid for 2 years!!

i think the key is to reply to every letter telling them why the account is disputed and copy the OFT in.

I smell a rat!

Do me a favour, Shazza, can you go to;

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Enter your claim number - top right of that form - and the password (which you've left on the picture, by the way, but it's only any good with the claim number ;)) and see what happens.

Does it give you the option to acknowledge service, or admit or defend the claim?

I'm trying to work out if the claim form is real ;)

It looks real, but... :rolleyes:

Don't do anything else after checking - just "x" out of that screen and come back and report here.

In the meantime, I'll get some interesting defences for you to look at that suits your case ;)

Here's some defences (if the claim is real :rolleyes:) for you to mull over;

CL Finance Ltd. Recieved a court claim form**WON** Discontinued

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - Claim form received

Help! - AMEX No CCA and they've started court action. **DISCONTINUED**

You will need to send a CPR request for further information, so including that bit is fine.

If you want to acknowledge service (you can't dispute the Court's jurisdiction, so don't) that will buy you more time to read up and get any questions you have answered

As it stands, they don't have a case against you, but we need the Court to decide that, not me...

Its real :eek:

Hmmm... I'm tempted to say they've hacked in to the moneyclaim system, have planted your claim and made your password up and then handed it back, but, alas, it looks real, so I won't :eek:

Anyhoo, have another gander at post #60 ;)

I don't think CPR 31.14 will get you anywhere with those POCs. Aplins are using some very vague 'cut and paste' POCs for Hillesden debts that don't actually mention any documents that you could request under 31.14.

I am in exactly the same boat and have decided to request an extension for filling a defence (CPR15.5) and have made a request for further information under CPR Part 18.

I suspect that Aplins/Hillesden are issuing batches of claims through Northhampton expecting to get admissions or default judgements. If you defend, they will probably ignore you unless they think you know your onions and they will apply for Summary Judgement at the earliest opportunity.

If you are interested, my thread is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/266553-bos-mbna-hilisden-dlc-3.html

Also, as you are now in litigation, it might be an idea to request that the moderators move this to the 'Legal Issues' board. Click the red triangle.

Well I've tried reading through them other cases but nothing is going in:confused:. I think I am going to need some step by step help on this. I will read them again tomorrow when I'm less tired and see if anything sinks in.

Shazza,

Make sure you acknowledge service of the claim. The clock is ticking and you have only 14 days to enter a defence. If you acknowledge service, you get a further 14 days. You can do this easily on-line at MCOL.

Read as much as you can here on CAG, but make sure you understand what action you are taking. Don't take anyones advice as the last word - there is no professional advice here and its given without warranty or comeback if it turns out to be bad. I cant stress enough how important it is to fully understand the letters that you send. If this plays out you might have to explain yourself in front of a judge and a hostile solicitor/barrister for the claimant!

I'm not trying to put you off. If it were me, I'd definitely defend this claim, but I'm not you and neither is anyone else. Don't do anything you don't understand and aren't comfortable doing.

best of luck,

bert