You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ferrari5

Allied International Credit.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3970 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have started receiving correspondence and phone calls from this company trying to collect on an Ulster Bank account I had with my ex partner. She and I split in 2005. When I left the home, there was plenty of money in the account, eventually it went overdrawn and they are chasing me for £1500 or therabouts. This account was her current account and after she had it a few years, we had my name put on it so it was a joint account. I don't see why I should pay this. Do I send a CCA request? Do the same things apply to current accounts as credit cards etc?

No you ignore it

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Ignore it? really?

Unfortunately, as you are a joint account holder you can be held liable for any debt. When you split you should have had your name taken off the account.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Overdrafts are at the behest of the bank and are not covered by the CCA 1974 in the same way as credit cards. If you ignore it they may take you to court.

ignore it or send a sar to the bank and see what has been going on

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Should I send the subject acess request to the bank or the DCA?

bank - ignore the dca - or write back and state the account is in dispute

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Hi all

Might not be relevant to you as it is 2 Ulster Bank credit cards taken out in 1996 I had been paying through AIC. I just sent then 2 CCAs in the last week as they were constanly harassing me to up my payments, it was the Glasgow office dealing with me

TOREXXX

AIC are a poor DCA. They gave up on me when it became obvious that there was no CCA. Watch out for thier little yellow cards threatening all sorts.

Hi All,

I read somewhere AIC or anyother DCA shouldn't be sending multi-coloured cards and they can be reported to OFT. I've received one with very little information on just asking me to get in touch immediately with Mr. X and a phone no.

AIC are a bunch of cowbows, but they do love sending coloured cards saying call "mr johnson"

Dont they love calling themselves MR!!!

When they phone you they have the cheek to leave an answer phone message even though you have answered the phone straight away.

I want to speak to one of these 'advisors' but i certainley won't be phoning them to speak to someone.

I want to wind them up but not at the expense of a phone call from me they can pay for that.;)

Andy...

Good point. Feeling a bit silly today so think i might harass a few dca's and waste their time. Suppose it will pass a few hours

Andy...