Halifax/moorcroft Illegible Cca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had a credit card agreement "audited" and the Company who did it said that it is generally all correct apart from one small point that is not serious enough for them to challenge the OC about.

I was interested to see the agreement as I had been requesting it for over a year (from OC, their sols and various DCA's), but it turns out that the copy they have is a VERY bad photo copy and I can't read it!

I sent Moorcroft (latest DCA on the case) a letter to advise that they were in breach of the CCA and the CPR as they could not provide a legible CCA and that they need to reduce the bal. to Nil etc. Moorcroft passed the letter to OC, who have said that there is nothing wrong with the CCA and that I need to continue making payments, and Moorcroft are threatning doorstep collection again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what is best to do on this now please? :sad:

Hi, I have had a credit card agreement "audited" and the Company who did it said that it is generally all correct apart from one small point that is not serious enough for them to challenge the OC about.

I was interested to see the agreement as I had been requesting it for over a year (from OC, their sols and various DCA's), but it turns out that the copy they have is a VERY bad photo copy and I can't read it!

I sent Moorcroft (latest DCA on the case) a letter to advise that they were in breach of the CCA and the CPR as they could not provide a legible CCA and that they need to reduce the bal. to Nil etc. Moorcroft passed the letter to OC, who have said that there is nothing wrong with the CCA and that I need to continue making payments, and Moorcroft are threatning doorstep collection again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what is best to do on this now please? :sad:

Hi Adenuf

From what I understand is that it must be a true copy, must be readable to be enforceable. You could give a call to the FO on 0300 123 9 123 or 020 7964 0500, they should be able to look in to the your case.

I would SAR the DCA and OC to see what they have, it should give you some idea what they have.

Give it more time, somene with more experiance will come along and give you help.

Trooper68

Trooper68:)

Thanks for answering Trooper. I think I will SAR the OC, not sure whether to bother with Moorcroft though, I thought they would have to get the info. from the OC anyway?

Does anyone know how likely Moorcroft are to pay me a home visit?:eek:

• 1 month later...