CCJ - I Never knew!!

Guest suziedarkness
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest suziedarkness

I really dont know what I can do about this, if anything, and would really appreciate some advice.

To cut a long story short, my home was repo'd in 2007 leaving a shortfall on 2 further secured loans.

There were issues with these loans for miselling ppi, fees etc and so I went through the motions of getting SAR etc.

Now the agreement was toilet paper as far I was concerned as it does not appear to have all prescribed terms etc, then there was issue of ppi misselling, secret commissions etc so I went to see a solicitor.

After weeks and weeks of trying to get answers, he said that we could challenge it but would need a Barrister and this would cost £XXXXX which I didnt have. To be honest, I wasnt very confident in him but he was the only once I could find in a reasonable distance. Other than that, it meant going to one of these claim farmers which I did not want to do.

I was still trying to get info from the loan company as they had failed to supply all the info I requested.

Anyhow I just went into cancel a monthly charge for a CRA when I have noticed that they have already taken me to court and I have a CCJ for lots of money back in May.

I never knew anything about this. I moved house back in March and to be fair, I did not let then know my address as I did not want to stir up the nest so to speak, but my ex husband has had nothing either.

As there were issues with the agreement, is there anything I can do about this, can I appeal or something? or is it too late.

I have recently lost my job and I just dont know what to do.

Suzie

Guest suziedarkness

I have downloaded the form N244 and will send it off tomorrow. I cant believe that I have to pay a fee £75 :eek: what chance have us poor people got!!

I read on the internet that a change of address is not a good reason to ask to get it set aside, i am hoping my comments about me believing the contract to have some serious flaws maybe.

What should I expect from this process, will I have to go to court to get it set aside?

I am really worried about this, any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Suzi,

Depending on your financial circs you may not have to pay the £75... have you checked on the National Debtline Website?

You may well have to go to court for the set aside but it will depend on the response of the claimant I believe... but if you do it should only be a short hearing as the judgement was given by default as you had not received the claim.

Spam:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Hi suzied,

It would be advisable to attend the court hearing.

I know that most people are very scared about attending court; but please do read the thread below as it is nothing like the tv programme "Crown Court" -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html