You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

nat

Faulty Tumble drier, not repaird after 5 months!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3890 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I purchased a tumble dryer from Currys last Decenber, then in April this year a catch broke on the door meaning that I could not use it. I called currys who gave me a number to call for the service technitions for my make of appliance.

An appointment was made for 2 weeks time as this was the earliest they could get to me, so I waited in on the day, but no-one turned up:-x bearing in mind that it had been raining for 2 weeks solid and I have 4 kids who's washing I need drying!

I phoned them up only to be told that the technician has the flu! Well thanks for letting me know!

Another appointment was made for the next week and this time a tecnician did turn up. He informed me that a part needs to be ordered and he should be back to fit it in a couple of weeks, to which I expressed my disgust, so he offered to have the part sent to me direct so I could fit it myself as this would be quicker.

Well fast forward to today and I still have not heared anything and I still have a non working tumble dryer! To say it has been an inconveinience is an understatement!

So what I want to know is where legally do I stand?

Edited by tt40049

I suggest you ring trading standards, as all electrical goods are expected to last longer than a few months, go online to their site, and there is a phone number/ email address for consumer issues,they should fix or replace.

I am sure they will be interested

Are you a Whatever Happens customer?

No. I didn't take this out.

Using fives even online, tt40049 is a bit patronizing don't you think?

Anyway Nat, your first port of call should be to send a sale of goods act letter to head office you can find them plastered all over these boards. Send it via recorded delivery to head office.

That should give them the necessary kick in the ass to get things moving. Should they fail to repair/replace/refund within a reasonable time. Send them a letter before action letter, although only send this if your willing to actualy go down the small claims route. There are people on these boards who are quite comfortable walking you through the small claims procedure, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

Best of luck getting this sorted, and I apologize on their behalf as one of the employees that does actually care about the customer.

Using fives even online, tt40049 is a bit patronizing don't you think?

Anyway Nat, your first port of call should be to send a sale of goods act letter to head office you can find them plastered all over these boards. Send it via recorded delivery to head office.

That should give them the necessary kick in the ass to get things moving. Should they fail to repair/replace/refund within a reasonable time. Send them a letter before action letter, although only send this if your willing to actualy go down the small claims route. There are people on these boards who are quite comfortable walking you through the small claims procedure, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

Best of luck getting this sorted, and I apologize on their behalf as one of the employees that does actually care about the customer.

I don't think that was a patronising post. Having the insurance and not having it makes a very big difference to what action you take. Surely you will be aware of that.

I don't think it's nessacary to go down a small claims procedure. Just go in store and remain calm. Explain what has happened and just ask them what they are going to do, and to write and sign a time frame. This will make sure there moving along, and you will get a quicker outcome.

If they still fail to help, a simple letter to Head Office with your problem, and it will be solved. The company is not there to rip you off. It doesn't affect them if you have a fault or not. It is the manufacturers responsibility.

You might even want to skip Currys, and see if the manufacture has a warranty line you could contact directly.

I hope this is a little helpful :)

I don't think that was a patronising post. Having the insurance and not having it makes a very big difference to what action you take. Surely you will be aware of that.

I don't think it's nessacary to go down a small claims procedure. Just go in store and remain calm. Explain what has happened and just ask them what they are going to do, and to write and sign a time frame. This will make sure there moving along, and you will get a quicker outcome.

If they still fail to help, a simple letter to Head Office with your problem, and it will be solved. The company is not there to rip you off. It doesn't affect them if you have a fault or not. It is the manufacturers responsibility.

You might even want to skip Currys, and see if the manufacture has a warranty line you could contact directly.

I hope this is a little helpful :)

Sorry, but his contract under the sale of goods act is with the store, by going around the store and going to the manufacturer, he voids almost all protection he has under this legislation.

I'm pretty sure that after five months, the OP has been in contact with the store, obviously if he hasn't then yes, he should pay them a visit or drop them a line. I mean five months to repair a tumble dryer is far more than enough time for even the busiest of stores and repair centers.

Would I be entitled to any compensation for the time spent without a tumble drier, I have spent fortunes down at the launderette on wet days.

Would I be entitled to any compensation for the time spent without a tumble drier, I have spent fortunes down at the launderette on wet days.

Possibly but you would probably need to take them to court to obtain them.

There's no harm in asking them though, I guess.

Well, I wrote to them giving them 14 days to reply, but have not heard a thing.

I am going to go to take them to small claims. Any ideas how much I should claim for inconvienience and for money spent at launderette for 6 months?

Anyone??

Anyone??

A reasonable amount would need to cater for:

1) Travel costs for launderette

2) Laundering costs

3) Money lost due to missed commitments as a direct result of the tumble drier not working.

4) Any stress you endured through the entire experiance