Jump to content

Over Overdraft Limit Charge


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I went over my overdraft limit which means they bounced a few direct debits and cheques and now they have given me a total charge for the month of £212


How the hell can you get out of your overdraft if they charge this amount which is extortion


I called the bank and questioned this and was told by some woman that there is nothing the bank can do as even the employees get the same charges which cannot be waved


Is the government going to stop the banks from helping themselves to our money or at least charge a realistic amount because £38.00 for a bounced DD is not fair

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Checked my statement and have another £272 in charges so I called the branch manager and she did not care in the least at least dick turpin wore a mask

Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt you have had a letter to state that you have incurred these charges.


I would suggest writing to the back requesting that they refund the charges, state that you are more than prepared to pay a reasonable charge for your breach of contract - however find the penalty charges that have recently been levied to be excessive, especially as the processes involved are automated.


Obviously be nice and polite as this will be your first letter.


However state that you are prepared to take this matter to the Financial Ombudsman who will charge £450 for their involvement if an agreement can't be reached beforehand, or to county court where hearing fees and so forth would mount up and be payable. In either instances you would state that you are in hardship and request that your complaint or claim would be allowed to proceed..... however you would prefer to settle this matter amicably rather as you have had no previous problems with the bank and have found the service exceptional in the past etc etc.


They should refund the charges after a few letters, otherwise ultimately they will have to fork out more eventually.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...