You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3991 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi,

me and my housemate have recently moved out of a property where we rented rooms in a house the landlord lived with us as he WAS a friend. we all had our own individual tenancy agreements even though it should technically have been lodging. in our agreements it said that all bills would be paid by the landlord and the amount would be included in our rent.

My problem is this:

upon leaving the landlord inspected the property and it was in a suitable condition so he said we could have our deposits back. He has now been a complete ***hole and said that actually we can't have our deposits back as he just got the final bills for the property (he moved out as well and all bills were in his name) and they were excessively high and he needed our deposit money to pay them so we wouldn't be getting it back.

I'm pretty sure he can't do this as it is agreed in the contract that the landlord pays all the bills. am i right? please could someone advise me on this as my housemate and i really need our deposits back.

thanks

If it says in your contract that the landlord pays the bills, then the landlord pays the bills. Your rent should cover this. If it doesnt then its his own fault for setting the rent to low.

Your only option in these cirrcumstances would be to take your former LL to court to recover the money if a couple of threatening letters (in the legal sense!) dont do the trick!

thanks i think knowing what my ex LL is like i'll send some legal letters straight away.

hmm don't think legal letters are going to work as my ex LL has pretty much told me to go F**K myself and i will never get the money back whether i send a letter or not any other suggestions from anyone?

Write a letter before action (LBA) giving him 7 days to return the deposit or you will take legal action. Print off and fill in a N1 county court claim form and include this along with your LBA to show him you mean business. Be clear that if the deposit isnt retuend within 7 days you will submit the attahced claim form to the court.

If you dont get a positive response after 7 days, submit the form our submit a claim using Money Claim Online.

I can think of anyother way for you to get your money back from someone who doesnt want to pay short of breaking into their house and helping yourself! (Joke by the way).