incorrect FPN for not wearing seatbelt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I wonder if you can help me. My stupid husband wasn't wearing a seatbelt and got stopped by the police at about 1700 today. He was issued with £30 FPN.

At 2305 tonight the house phone rang and it was the officer who issued the fine, he said that incorrect paperwork had been issued as the fine will be £60 not £30 so my husband isn't to pay ticket he has and he'll need to call to the police station on Sat or Sun when the officer is in again and get the correct £60 fpn.

Can they do this? I know he was in the wrong for not wearing a seatbelt in the first place and trust me I don't think he'll not be wearing one again in the future but where do we stand with this?

My husband was asleep when the officer rang as he has to leave for work at 0630 in the morning. So should he just pay the £30 tomorrow morning and say I havent spoken to him as he left for work before I woke up but would they be able to issue another fpn for £60 for exactly the same thing????

i would simply cough and pay the £60.

its not worth arguing over.

the fine for not wearing a seatbelt is well known and published as £60

hey even police officers make pen pushing mistakes!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would pay the 30quid straight off. The worst thing that could happen is they write to you again pointing out they made a mistake and want the other 30quid, if your lucky the FPN may be deemed to be closed once you make this first payment so you can't loose.