• Tweets

• Many thanks for your help very much appreciated.
    • threads merged (again)   i suggest you re read your thread from post 1    this had already been answered at least twice now.   dx  
    • After escalating my claims, they agreed to refund the postage costs only. I have therefore issue a Notice Before Action for the value of the lost items £180.
    • Back to one of the other blight on the UK which simply refuses to heal, Corbyn   Corbyns carrying on with the 'its everyones fault but mine, no changes there then: The labour who weren't me sabotaged me Labour staff who have worked tirelessly for labour since Jesus betrayed me Everybody betrayed me I did everything right   We've seen the standard type reporting: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/07/jeremy-corbyn-accuses-labour-officials-of-sabotaging-election-campaign https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/08/former-labour-donors-returning-to-party-under-keir-starmer-jeremy-corbyn     but this one makes the real telling points: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-general-election-2017-blairites-labour-party-staff-sabotage-a9660946.html   "What is surprising, in fact, is how little resistance Labour staff put up to the Corbynite reign of error. The document that Corbyn and his eight top people have signed fails to provide a single example of obstruction. "   "The giveaway, as Nick Cohen points out, is that Corbyn complains about 2017, when a lot of Labour staff were “Blairites” and he did better than expected, and not about 2019, when he had total control of the party machine and did worse than at any time since 1935."   "With this pitiful whine of the sore loser, he has proved it. He has no judgement, and prefers the warm bath of myth to the harsh reality of responsibility."            
    • My debt with AMEX is £5243.17.   20 years old.   Today i received a letter from AMEX stating the following.   NOTICE OF REFERRAL TO EXTERNAL COLLECTION AGENCY   The account has been CANCELLED and all amounts outstanding on the account are now payable in full. Your account  has been transferred to an external collection agency  NCO   NCO will be responsible for collecting the outstanding amount on behalf of AMEX   Could you please offer me any advice on how to proceed.      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Worried09

Council Tax arrears - please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I have been renting an apartment for about 2.5 years which my sister has been living in whilst I have been working abroad.

No council tax has been paid on the property to date and I have just had a call from the council (Salford) saying I owe them £2400 which has been passed back to them by bailiffs.

I briefly explained to them over the phone that I will pay the money but in installments, to which they said they would send out a questionairre.

I presume that the questionairre is going to ask for my employment details, NI number, employers contact details etc.

I want to pay the money back with a direct debit of £75 a month and I will pay installments of around £500 every 3 months however i do not want my employer to know anything about this.

Will they agree to the payment plan?

Will they negotiate with me without employment details?

Will they contact my employer?

Please help.

Thankyou

If this has been passed back to them by bailiffs, then it must have gone to court and a liability order granted.

You should have notice of going and notification of the liability order after.

They will accept the instalments, but if you should default, they will use another method of collection, so don't over-reach yourself and agree to a payment you might not be able to keep to.