Outstanding E-ON electricity bill.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been renting an apartment for about 2.5 years, I have been working abroad and to cut a long story short I have never paid any electricity for the flat (which my sister has been living in).

Basically I have just had a call from e-on saying I owe about £3000 and they're asking me to set up a payment plan which they are going to call me back about in a couple of days.

I am going to propose paying them a direct debit of £50 - £75 a month along with making payments of around £500 every 3 months.

Does anyone know if this is something they will agree to considering the amount outstanding?

I am really worried about this as my wife and I are now living in the flat with a baby and I do not want anyone to break in and install a pre-payment meter like they are threatening.

Thankyou

Moving thread to Utilities Forum.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Was the electric in your sister's name when you were away from the country as she was living there? If so, I would have thought a new account should have been opened in your (and/or your wife's) name when you moved back in - meaning your suister owes the electric company for the period when you were not living there, rather than yourself. Just a thought

OK, £3000.00 sounds a lot of money to pay for 2.5 years usage. May be correct but do you know whether the account was opened on correct or estimated readings. Also has the latest bill been based on estimates or a real reading?

Lets just say the amount is correct, I just want to know if they will accept my proposed payment plan and not apply for a warrant of entry to fit a pre pay meter, I dont want to dispute the bill.

Thanks,

They will set up a direct debit for you if you pay half the outstanding balance and possibly spread the remaining debt over 12 months but you will also need to include your consumption in that payment too. So if you were able to clear half, then £125 pm plus whatever else you use. If you cannot do that, then a prepay meter may be your only option. If thats the case then if I were you I would request one to avoid any further costs. If they do get a warrant you will incur charges which will be in the region of a further £300.