You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm so fed up of hiding from the doorbell :(

Bailiffs and debt collectors that pretend they are going to do all sorts of terrible things (take the children's toys, throw me in prison) some times I'm too scared to walk around the house in case I'm seen through the windows I hate being this person.

I am dealing with things through letters and stuff but when it gets late and I'm on my own I wish they would just go away.

Hi there, I really feel for you, so sorry to read that you are so frightened, I have been in a similar situation and it is horrible, but it can and does get better.

Have you been to the Citizens Advice Bureau yet? That would be my first step.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it.

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

The above letter would be ok to send ordinary doorstop callers but maybe not for balliffs as you need more advice about them but ordinary doorstep agents who are not baliffs can be sent above letter

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I think there are some special forums on this site that deal with problems of Baliffs being set on people

Edited by sunflower99

Please remember that only a court can send a bailiff round, and many of the doorstep 'field agents' are on a commission only basis so they will of course 'bend the rules' to get you to pay up.

Sadly the whole 'industry' sees everyone as a rogue debtor who is a 'will not pay' rather than a 'can't pay' and acts in a manner which makes their 'doorstep field agents' behave 'above the law'.

Doorstep callers are a bit of a joke ! a lot of the time they send you threatening post cards and letters and they dont turn up !By sayng they will call often means just a phone call but they purposely word it so you think they going to call at your house! It is a very nasty tactic when they put a postcard through your letter box though as they trying to embarees and humiliate people as local postman sorting office staff and other household members cans see it :mad: It is against oft rules but they still countinue to do it,However there are some firms that send real humans round ,Scotcall sent one in connection with my Barclayshark account .However me and OH just ignored him and he went away,so please dont worry yourself over them as if you ignore them they give up and stop calling ,One person said she actually answered the door to a Scottcall man and told him he was not allowed to call and he just meekly said im only doing my job! and just went! They have no legal powers at all and just rely on makeing people think they have!

Edited by sunflower99

You really need to explain your situation more fully before we can help you. Please list all debts.... who they are currently with (name of company chasing you for payment).... how much each one is for.... how old they are and.... whether you have any CCJs.

:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/159235-barclaycard-mercers-dept-collectors-12.html This is a link to Gaz Barclayshark thread where there are references to doorstep visiters! If you read some posts on there you will realise what a joke these doorstep callers are! :)

Thanks for replies it's nice to feel like I'm not alone.

I have got advice and am sorting everthing out but sometimes it just gets to you.

This forum really is fantastic my posts have been answered quickly and everyone is so helpful.

Thanks again

This is perhaps a really "fick" question but I'm going to ask anyway, Sunflower99 says at the bottom of the post "type in name never sign" - is that incase they try to forge your sig?

This is perhaps a really "fick" question but I'm going to ask anyway, Sunflower99 says at the bottom of the post "type in name never sign" - is that incase they try to forge your sig?

Some have been to known to dabble with photoshop :D

JOgs

Thanks for replies it's nice to feel like I'm not alone.

I have got advice and am sorting everthing out but sometimes it just gets to you.

This forum really is fantastic my posts have been answered quickly and everyone is so helpful.

Thanks again

Have you had advice from this site or elsewhere? How are things being sorted out for you?

I've been using the letters from this site and also spoke with a debt counseller. I do feel that it is working the letter templates on here are great most companies respond very well to them and have made resonable payment plans that I can stick to.

Some are just horrible though. I printed off the Bailiff letter from here, the one that says I wont let him in and I know my rights and I am offering a repayment plan, and handed it to him as I was advised and he read it laughed and and said to me 'who wrote this for you it's rubbish' I still didn't let him in though. so he came back and posted another threatening letter through the letter box saying he'd be back the next day.

Like I said I do feel that I'm making progress it's just not nice havingthem come to our house.

It is good to get a distinction between bailiffs and debt collectors though I used to worry about them all the same until I read more on this site.

That's great to read.... you're making good progress with things by the sound of it.:) If you need any further help or clarification on things... just shout.

I will send this to Moorcroft tommorow,

I_________ a living soul agent for the legal entity _________,do declare the following to be true and correct to the best of my knowledge with God as my witness.

I am in receipt of your notice dated ____ ref : _________. addressed to the legal entity (all caps fiction)____________ regarding an outstanding debt in the amount of ________

I conditionally accept your notice of alleged debt upon receiving the following :

1. Proof of debt , Validation of the actual debt (the actual accounting).

2.Full disclosure of the alleged debt. (a lawful requirement of any contract).

3. Verification of your claim against me (a sworn affidavit).

It may be wise to take note of the following are the terms of a lawful contract:

1. Full disclosure (we are not told that we are creating the credit with our signature).

2. Equal consideration (they bring nothing to the table, hence they have nothing to lose).

3. Lawful terms and conditions (they are based upon fraud).

4. Signatures of the Parties/Meeting of the Minds (corporations cannot sign because they have no right, or mind, to contract as they are legal fictions).

I demand that all of the above conditions be met and presented in Affidavit format sworn under oath or attestation, under penalty of perjury and upon your full commercial liability. Due to the urgency and seriousness of this allegation, I will give you fourteen (14) days to respond. If I do not receive such a response conforming to the above criteria within fourteen (14) days of the date of this letter, it will be deemed a tacit agreement by your acquiescence that the debt is null and void and non-existent.

Sincerely and without malice, afterthought, ill will, vexation or frivolity,

Signed by : _____________(agent)

Do you have your own thread on this Arsenal ?.... because a CCA request seems to be the way forward here....

Just some ideas from the template section from TPUC.ORG, could you show me the best CCA request template you have please i might forward moorcroft that too...