You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

skint40

Capital One CapQuest now HL Legal HELP!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3936 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I put in a CCA request to Capital One - got a load of rubbish back and CCA not enforceable so put account in dispute. They have not sent any statements since. However I have recently been getting letters from CapQuest and daily phone calls from CapQuest (my wife answered the phone today and they were quizzing her as to who she was but she refused to answer and put the phone down on them) and now I have this letter. Should I ignore it as the account is in dispute or write to someone - but who - Capital One, CapQuest or HL Legal? Your thoughts would be much appreciated. caponecapquesthllegalltr0001.jpg

2 choices really, send them the account in dispute letter found here....

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Or if you want send them a CCA request with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery.

Normally capquest give up relatively easy, when did you take the card out and did you apply online or by paper application?

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Thanks for your response. I have already sent a CCA request with £1 postal order and also an account in dispute letter. Do I have to send them again.

The card was taken out pre Dec 05 - the oldest statement I have is from then and I can't find any paperwork before that. Also don't remember if I applied online or on paper.

Thanks for your response. I have already sent a CCA request with £1 postal order and also an account in dispute letter. Do I have to send them again.

What to capquest?

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

I've not sent anything to CapQuest just Capital One. Does that matter?

I've not sent anything to CapQuest just Capital One. Does that matter?

Sorry I should have made that plainer... you've sent the stuff to crapone they've passed the account to capquest...

Now you either send the account in dispute letter or the s78 request to capquest.

S.

Deal with your debts:

I got an identical letter from HL. I ignored it, and 14 days later I started receiving letters from Crapquest again. The first of these letters was an offer to settle for half of the amount shown as the balance of account.

I haven't received any letters like that yet although capquest are still phoning.

I haven't received any letters like that yet although capquest are still phoning.

Estimated date of next letter, 10th August.

Thanks - I'll wait for the mail then. What are you dfoing about your letters? Are you just ignoring them or are you replying to any of them?

Thanks - I'll wait for the mail then. What are you dfoing about your letters? Are you just ignoring them or are you replying to any of them?

Mine was a bit of a strange one, as I never owed anything to CapOne. They took it into their heads to resurrect an account I'd closed two years ago, and stick an £18 annual charge on it. Amazingly, they added late payment fees and interest, making it £83, and sent it to CapQuest. I'd moved house, so first thing I ever knew was that stupid red letter from Crapquest, and all the rest that followed. Obviously I ignored them completely, as I had no idea what they were on about. They sent it back to Crapone eventually, and I'm now suing them.

But, I think you will get the same standard system letters. The next one should say, 'you are making us resort to legal proceedings. And how about paying this discounted amount?' and two weeks later, a 'letter before action'.

So you seem to have plenty of time to do as Shadow advises, and send dispute letter to Crapquest.

UPDATE: Got letter from CapQuest offering me the opportunity to make a final payment of half the balance amount. Then got a letter from CapQuest closing the account saying they were unaware of the account being in dispute.

Since then (a month later) have received a letter from CapOne asking me to get in touch with CapQuest urgently who are dealing with the account to make payment!!!! Do they now communicate with each other???

Part of their silly games.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: