Dept Set aside but still receive DCA letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Need some advice on a dept that was set aside by County Court, in September 2006.

(June 2004) A company called, Singlepoint, contaced me about a Mobile Phone I had supposed to have had from Orange & there was an outstanding dept I needed to clear, I had no Knowledge of the phone or the dept, & told them this, a few letters & phone calls later it just stopped I heard nothing for about 13 months.

(July 2005) A company called, Bryan Carter & Co. sent me a CCJ notification for the above Mobile Phone, no letters asking about the dept No phone calls just straight to the CCJ, Which I ignored as i felt this is nothing to do with me (I Now know Never ignore A CCJ even if you are innoccent or are not responsible for the dept)

(January 2006) A balliff came to my home I told him everything as above he said if that is the case you need to apply to have the judgement set aside, which is what I did.

(July 2006) Identicall letter's sent to the County Court & Bryan Carter & Co., at the request of the Judge at my hearing to have the Judgement set aside, asking Bryan Carter & Coto provide proof of purchase or ownership by myself or proof that the outstanding dept is mine to pay.

The statutory 28 days to respond applied, to Bryan Carter & Co to provide proof the dept is valid.

(September 2006) My hearing to have the CCJ set aside, as no representative of Bryan Carter & Co attended the hearing & no response or proof has been received by the County Court, the CCJ was set aside in September 2006 - I have the court document that states this judgement.

(July/August 2009) Have received Two letters & One phone from a company called, fredrickson's debt collection, It is in connection with this bloody phone, I have explained to them about the judgement being set aside, they don't seem bothered or care they want the £105. Told them see you in court then but the phone down on them No phone calls for about 5 days now getting about 5/6 aday no one ever says anything a few times I was able to get the number from ring back (1471) but now suddenly Number of caller is not availabel.

So if this CCJ has been set aside can a dept collection agency 3 years later still try & claim this dept, Because I really do not understand what I have to do this dept is nothing to do with me, yet it keeps coming back to me, Since 2004 to 2009.

Sorry about war & peace above but needed to give a back ground of history, any one know anything i can do to finally be ridd of this dept.

Many Thaxs :confused:

I've got the same problem with Capital One... there is very little it seems we can do other than sue the other side.

I've emailed an MP about this as it is beyond a joke - they seem to think they can ignore court orders and persue people to the grave (and beyond....)

Make a formal complaint to Frederickson's Complaints Department that you are being pursued for a debt that is not yours and send a copy of that to the OFT. In your complaint tell them not to phone you again and mark your complaint at the bottom "CC The OFT" so Fredericksons know you are sending the OFT a copy.

• Haha 1

Thanx for response

Think i might goto Citizens advice to try & start something legal against fredrickson's at the very least I should get help in how to deal with these idiots,