DLC & Egg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody had a call from these guys recently yet re their egg dispute? Was speaking to a well mannered person (at least he was until I asked him to confirm his story in writing) who informed that they have had hundreds of letters re egg and egg have just come back (surprising - no) to say that everything is above board and that the dispute does not have a leg to stand on. Also said that egg have never failed to get a payment from their clients and that I was delaying the inevitable. Didn't have a clue about the CCA tho :)

DLC - Donkeys - Dont talk to em on the phone - ever... (Standard advice in here :D)

Do send a CCA and wait for the response.

Do not admit that the debt is yours....

Have fun and dont let em grind you down :cool:

Oh yes - they have never got a payment out of me - tell em to put me on their list :)

Edited by Gixer1100
Additional info

yeah I know that ;)

Phoned house number (don't know how they got it) and just thought that I'd hear them out. CCA is pre 2004 and all over the place so will be interesting to see what they send me. I'll post it on this thread when it comes.

yeah I know that ;)

Phoned house number (don't know how they got it) and just thought that I'd hear them out. CCA is pre 2004 and all over the place so will be interesting to see what they send me. I'll post it on this thread when it comes.

So you sent them a CCA request? Recorded delivery??

If/when they fail to produce one within the 12+2 days time scale ensure you send them the account in dispute letter.

If they continue to pursue debt collection activity, then make a formal complaint to them, the OFT, the FOS, and the ICO..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

DLC have written back again to confirm again that Egg have again rejected the claim even though their credit agreement does not have the prescribed terms and does not have a credit limit. They again threaten further action if i 'do not look into avenues' to clear the balance (whatever they are) and it is signed by their team leader (frightening).

They do say that I would have to contact Egg to query their decision (which i have many times).

Is this the hot potato debt that neither company wants as they can't do anything about it?