cancellation help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I’m in a situation where I have paid £250 fee for an examination (this is not from an academic institute, its a professional type thing) but due to an illness I am not able to sit down for the exam.( doctor note provided).

I have spoken to the company and asked them to reschedule the exam for me ( I was charged £60 pounds admin fee for this).

Having rescheduled the exam once already I’m still not able to sit for the exam due to continuous illness and they are expecting me to pay another £60 pounds to reschedule the exam or I will loss full fee.

Can someone please advice whether I can legally cancel the exam and claim full money back?

PS: initially I had to provide them with copy of the doctor note prior to rescheduling the exam; this is due to company’s strict policy on refund and rescheduling with less than 10 days notice.

Thanks for your advice.

Jim

Guest Old_andrew2018

Could you name the company, and either up load your agreement, with their terms & conditions or provide a link to them via a web page.

andy

Hi

this is what I recieved by the email after the registration

Terms and Conditions for Exam Bookings

· We do not invoice public candidates. Payment must be made at time of booking. A VAT invoice will be sent approximately 4 – 6 weeks after the date of your examination.

· You are allowed to reschedule the exam date once, at no cost, as long as the change is made a minimum of 10 working days (Monday to Friday including Bank Holidays) in advance of the booked exam date.

· If you reschedule the exam date a second time, an administration fee of £60 (plus VAT) will be charged. The fee will be payable via our online payment system.

· An administration fee of £60 (plus VAT) will also be charged if you cancel your exam outside the 10 working days (Monday to Friday including Bank Holidays) notice period. You must notify us in writing or email of your intention to cancel the exam booking. The administration fee will be deducted from the fee paid and the balance will be refunded to your credit card within 30 days of the cancellation.

· Your exam fee will not be refunded if you cancel your booking within 10 working days (Monday to Friday including Bank Holidays) of the booked exam date.

· Your exam fee will not be refunded if you wish to reschedule your booking within 10 working days (Monday to Friday including Bank Holidays) of the booked exam date. A further exam fee will be payable for a new exam booking.

· Valid Photo ID is required for this exam. You will not be allowed to attend the exam if you fail to bring this on the day of your examination.

· This exam is non-transferable and can not be re-sold.

thanks

This seems a bit harsh, especially as its pretty clear you weren't doing this for a laugh. It doesn't say much about the institution/company involved. How about contacting the professional body that the exam relates to?

I wonder if they would charge you if you had been rushed into hospital?

Sorry I can't offer much help but you have my best wishes.