Returned CCA request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent a CCA request to Debitas Legal Services (Capital One) on the 17th July 2009 along with a postal order for £1 make to Debitas Legal Services. Today I received a letter back from Capitol One returning my £1.00 postal and asking that it should be made payable to Capital One.

As Debitas is Capital One's in-house DCA why would this make any difference as to whom it’s made payable to? Surely as they trade under this name they must have a bank account that they can pay my postal order into.

In hindsight I should of made it payerble to the original creditor and I’m prepared to send another CCA along with a postal order made payable to Capitol One. However I feel this is just another time waste tactic by Debitas and a ploy to fob me off. Should I just stick to my guns?

Anyones thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

The usual advice is to send CCA requests to whoever is demanding money

This sounds like a delaying tactic

I would write to Cap One saying

Debitas were demanding money therefore you sent a valid CCA request to Debitas enclosing the statutory payment in the form of a PO payable to Debitas

Debitas should have cashed the PO & forwarded the funds to Cap One

You suggest that Cap One send the PO to Debitas for them to cash & forward the funds to themselves

Meanwhile the original timescales still apply