Letter from Fenton Cooper in maiden name?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a letter today from Fenton Cooper on behalf of Tessera Portfolio Management Ltd, its in my maiden name and its demanding £459.92 to be paid by 13th August or else(the usual a DCA MAY visit home etc) the giro on the bottom of it says Collection Account for Rockwell.

I have no idea what it is for, I cant think on any money outstanding before I was married. Ive now been married for over 4 years and never had any money problems until recently.

what should I do?

I am just wondering how you *(sign it)* maiden name or married name. Do you want to give them info they havn't got?

*NOT THAT YOU SHOULD USE A PROPER SIGNATURE AT ALL *

I would be inclined myself to just ignore it for now and see if there is any follow up it maybe a phishing trip.

I'm with you wino but should you get a doorstep knock you just say they don't live here after all they are a bit behind the times with the name. If you do send the prove it letter you will be confirming you live at that address if you do it in your maiden name, if you do it in your married name they will know who you are. It's a bit damned if you do and damned if you don't. At the moment I would play the waiting game. If you hadn't opened it you could have written on the envelope not known at this address.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

• 2 weeks later...

OK things are getting strange, Came home from Hopsital today to find a letter now from Mackenzie Hall for Lowell Portfolio 1 with the OC Cap1, for the same amount and in the same name(maiden name). No I am 99% sure that the OC was completely paid off in full, and it would be Statute Barred anyway as it was in 2002 when I last used my card, then I cut it up, and paid it in full in 2003 before we moved house.

The letter us a Notice of Intended Action, giving me 48 hours to contact them. It states on the letter 'This letter fulfils our legal requirement to inform you of our clients intended action, even if you do not acknowledge this'???

The letter is dated 14th August and it came in the post today by a TNT post with a S printed where a tamp should be, with Urgent and only to be opened by addressee on it. I just saw my first name(which is very unusual) and opened it, or I would have marked it 'not here'

So do I write to them to prove it in my maiden name or just hang tight.

It sounds like another phishing trip as it is a different DCA.

I am wondering how they got your adress is it the same one you had before you were married?

If the Kilmarnock cowboys are involved you can bet your bottom dollar it's statute barred, send the muppets this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred and if they continue to pursue complain to;

East Ayrshire Trading Standards

Tel: 01563 521502

Fax: 01563 554379

Email: [email protected]

Im in dispute with Lowell with a Littlewoods account, and its in my married name, Ive been married for 4 years now, so they prob got it from them, as I had been known to littlewoods in my maiden name. Its also coming up for 7 years since I moved house.

Personally I wouldn't put any name to it maybe just sign it with some sort squiggle which may look like a signature.

DG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still dont know who I am supposed to owe the money to, it says the client is Tessera Portfolio Management Ltd, but Ive never heard of them!!

At least thats one less thing to worry about at the moment:)

That's great news, make sure you keep the letter very safe. DCAs are known to pass debts on to others to see if they can get anything out of you. If that should happen just send them a copy of that letter.

DG:)

Less than a week after this letter, I get a demand from MacKenzie Hall(morons). So I duly copied the letter from the Losers and popped into the prepaid envelope I got from MacHall!!!!!

• 8 months later...

LOL well I wondered when this would rear its ugly head again, but this time in the guise of Buchanan clark and Wells.

So they say the pursuers are Lowell, and the creditor is now Capital One!!!!!

So Ive duly sent of the Statue Barred letter to them with a nice wee note saying B*****R OFF!!!!!!!

Im 99% sure the debt was paid off and it is probably all charges and it is at least 7 years since that final payment was made to clear off the balance.