You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
equinox747

send letter to write off debt or challenge CAGs

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3741 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, if anybody can help? i have CAg all my credit cards 90% don't have any valid agreements, my question is I am now so skint i'm on pension credit.ok you all know how old i am, but i'm not bothered about my credit rating.i can't realistically meet my Debt management plan with CCCs and need to write to all my creditors, but do i go down the road , sorry it's not that i wont pay it's i can't, and ask them to write off the debt? or do i battle it out with those that can't produce the CAgs? any help would be appreciated.Don't mind the fight that doesn't put me off, there all leeches anyway, we've bailed them out 36billion.:):confused:

you're with CCS so they should adjust your plan according to what you can afford and write accordingly to all your creditors. Alternatively you send the appropriate letters re non enforceable CCA, stop paying and sit tight, offering those that have an enforceable CCA £1/month. I assume you don't have a house?

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Credit Management plans do not usually agree with the non-enforceable route, and if this is the way you choose to go, (and why not) you may need to come off the plan and handle your creditors yourself. As has been said realistically on pension credit £1 per month is normal.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Not sure why people say DM companies don't agree with the non enforceable route. You'd just tell them to stop paying x and remove them fromm the plan. Mind you, I don't know about CCCS as they're funded by the banks, so perhaps they react differently! But they should work out an affordable I&E with you (although CCCS said I could pay £300 more than the plan I am on so that is clearly nonsense too...). SOrry if I sound cynicle, I feel jaded today! can't spell today either!

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Not sure why people say DM companies don't agree with the non enforceable route. You'd just tell them to stop paying x and remove them fromm the plan. Mind you, I don't know about CCCS as they're funded by the banks, so perhaps they react differently! But they should work out an affordable I&E with you (although CCCS said I could pay £300 more than the plan I am on so that is clearly nonsense too...). SOrry if I sound cynicle, I feel jaded today! can't spell today either!

DM Companies don't encourage it because they lose there commission. They act in there best interests not yours.

I think this depends on the DM company. You may be right. But if the overall figure isn't changing they haven't lost anything. Note, I'm in a position to pay a reasonable sum (just not the sum my minimum payments required) so I expect it's different for me. Mind you, my DM company said most of their clients pay max £5/month and they actively discouraged me to pay more towards my plan...I really think it depends on the company...and I of course only have limited experience. Only ventured into this in March this year...

hi guys would like to thank all for your input from everybody::)think i'll go down the route NO CAG then fight for it and those who have i'll offer £1 per month, as CCCS wont handle anything less than £100 per month,it's impossible for me to pay that amount now, as i believe that if i make a payment of just £1 per month i am acknowledging the debt?

:confused:

you're with CCS so they should adjust your plan according to what you can afford and write accordingly to all your creditors. Alternatively you send the appropriate letters re non enforceable CCA, stop paying and sit tight, offering those that have an enforceable CCA £1/month. I assume you don't have a house?

CCCS wont help unless you have £100 minimum as mentioned in other comments, they work on the commission they get ,just out of interest they deal with more than £17million a month, they keep it in their bank for 28 days and the interest presumably together with commission funds CCCS, so they are biased in favor of the creditor, as there are many avenues they could help with, but are really only interested in getting some money to the creditors, and hey that's fine, I have a citi card which was transferred to Clarity i refused to pay clarity through CCCS and told them to suspend payment , they said they could fpr three months and then would put a zero balance on the account if not resolved by then, but after CAG and Deed of assignment to Clarity and four recorded letters, Clarity eventually conceded and sent the debt back to citi, which proves if they haven't got a CAG then there is little they can do, but rely on our ability to pay them...and yeah I've got a house and because of the lowsy endowment i was sold 15 years ago, I've had to extend my mortgage till 2018 I'll be 70 before i can realise any equity from my home....not too worried about any charging orders or bankruptcy as i have 21 creditors in total so if one came at me i would simply go down the road that it would be unfair and unjust for anyone creditor to have an advantage over the other.;)

Edited by equinox747

Although a registered charity, CCCS are funded bu the banks. they get back a percentage of what they secure for them. If you don't believe me, ask them!

I was not aware of this :-x

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Although a registered charity, CCCS are funded bu the banks. they get back a percentage of what they secure for them. If you don't believe me, ask them!

I thought they were fabulous some years ago when everything sort of kicked off for us, but then they seemed to turn and getting very funny where before they allowed more than enough living money they then hardly gave at all.

My husband was to go on a IVA before we really knew about it, and then lost his job, CCCS refused to take him back on a DMP and we ended up paying token amounts and still are 4 years later.

BB, sorry but its true. I have a DMP which I pay for. I was recommmended by Barclays and Halifax to go to CCCS as it is managed for free. As my plan costs me £100/month I worked out I could put that into my plan and pay my debts off in 6 rather than 7 years. I was warned about CCCS so I waited 6 weeks for an appointment with them. I asked them outright whether it was true they are funded by the banbks etc and they confirmed that they get back a percentage of what they secure for them in payment. Needless to say they were ghastly to me and said I could afford 30% more than I was already paying (clearly nonsense). I was absolutely disgusted by their tone and agenda; however, I am a fair person and perhaps I got someone on a bad hair day. Although they clearly didn't like telling me how they are funded! They have a list of acceptable costs...who sets the limits for food etc? e.g. they told me I was spending too much on petrol. I use my car to get the kids to school and myself to work...that's all. It is what it is. At the time a Ford Focus ex demo...I have therefore stuck with by objective 3rd party provider and so far they've been supportive and helpful. In this life, nothing is free and I'd rather pay my 3rd party than have the banks pay them; at least I know who their customer is! BTW, many people have been helped by CCCS so each to his own I say. Mine is a subjective judgement.

hi, regarding how much your allowed this is a link i don't know if the site moderator will remove it? but it is from the British banking and is in line with CCCS. this tell you exactly what they consider to be fair?

http://www.thedebtadvisorintroducers.co.uk/pdf/Income%20&%20Expenditure%20Guidance.pdf:)

Hi E747 but did you know that a judge will not consider it to be fair if you're asked to reduce your standard of living? I've only recently learned that. Actually, only a judge can rule what is 'fair' CCCS and the banks can't! I didn't know that either until recently!

Still getting the ocassional letter which I have ignored for the time being! I have been waiting for all the bank charges advice to come out before I progress with action. I will soon use the new aproach outlined by the experts. Either way the account has now been placed in dispute.

hi, hope i'm in the right place sorry if not? i have requested from HSBC a copy of a signed agreement this is for a bank account overdraft and they have failed to do this, , to date they have sent me nothing: i'm thinking to be on the safe side i should Subject Access request them: that way i would get everything they have, is that correct? i will send DG solicitors a letter of account in dispute; can anybody advise?

Hi equinox - best to start your own thread so the original one doesn't get confusing.

As I understand it, there is no signed agreement for overdrafts so a CCA request will not produce anything. A SAR is a good idea, at least you'll then have everything that they could rely on in future.

If you click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=10 it'll start a new thread in the HSBC forum.

Good luck :)

BL

Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for a

ll your help