You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Stephan56

Lowell Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3991 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Seeing the various threads re Lowell, I thought to do some background checking.

Forgive me if this is already well known information, but there is/will be a point.

Lowell Group (www.lowellgroup.co.uk) is owned by Exponet, which is a Private Equity Group. (www.exponetpe.com).

The purchase of Lowell was from Cabot Square (another private equity group) and was funded with a £100m laon provided by a consortium comprising (i) Europe Arab Bank (ii) Lloyds TSB, and (iii) nabCapital (part of National Australia Bank). There was a further £30m facilitiy provded by GSC Group and DE Shaw. Together, these monies would fund the purchsae of the business and give the Lowell business the working capital to fund their operations, including purchasing debts.

My point is that IN ADDITION to complaining about unethical/illegal behaviour to the OFT, Trading Standards etc is there any point in complaining DIRECTLY to the firm that controls Lowells AND to the various funders - Lloyd's TSB etc? Copies of all complaints to OFT etc coplud be copied all around including to the Chaiman of Lloyds etc.

Believe me, if they get copied in to a string of complaints about a company they provide funding to, they do notice. Eventually, it risks becoming a PR nightmare and they "re-think the relationship". Maybe they woud even put pressure on the Lowells to "up their game and operate in a proper manner".

This is a "longer term game" designed to undermine these firms at their "source". This strategy is unlikely to have any impact in any INDIVIDUAL CASE, but CUMULATIVELY, and over time, it will have an impact.

Sadly, I suppose DCAs will always exist, in some form, but the key must be to keep them as fimrly in the box as we can and ensure, when they do operate, they do so strictly within the law and OFT and other rules. If directors of "serious businesses", such as Lloyds etc (and I know that point open for debate!) get a sense they are dealing with "seriously unpopular busnesses" they worry about the repuation risk. That said, their own reputations are pretty rubbish!

Does this strategy make sense to anyone?

Seeing the various threads re Lowell, I thought to do some background checking.

Forgive me if this is already well known information, but there is/will be a point.

Lowell Group (www.lowellgroup.co.uk) is owned by Exponet, which is a Private Equity Group. (www.exponetpe.com).

The purchase of Lowell was from Cabot Square (another private equity group) and was funded with a £100m laon provided by a consortium comprising (i) Europe Arab Bank (ii) Lloyds TSB, and (iii) nabCapital (part of National Australia Bank). There was a further £30m facilitiy provded by GSC Group and DE Shaw. Together, these monies would fund the purchsae of the business and give the Lowell business the working capital to fund their operations, including purchasing debts.

My point is that IN ADDITION to complaining about unethical/illegal behaviour to the OFT, Trading Standards etc is there any point in complaining DIRECTLY to the firm that controls Lowells AND to the various funders - Lloyd's TSB etc? Copies of all complaints to OFT etc coplud be copied all around including to the Chaiman of Lloyds etc. Had this t shirt for a long time.mr chairman is about as deluded as the birds of lowell and the colours of red.

Believe me, if they get copied in to a string of complaints about a company they provide funding to, they do notice. Eventually, it risks becoming a PR nightmare and they "re-think the relationship". Maybe they woud even put pressure on the Lowells to "up their game and operate in a proper manner".

not when they are all as bloody corrupt as one another.

This is a "longer term game" designed to undermine these firms at their "source". This strategy is unlikely to have any impact in any INDIVIDUAL CASE, but CUMULATIVELY, and over time, it will have an impact.

Sadly, I suppose DCAs will always exist, in some form, but the key must be to keep them as fimrly in the box as we can and ensure, when they do operate, they do so strictly within the law and OFT and other rules. If directors of "serious businesses", such as Lloyds etc (and I know that point open for debate!) get a sense they are dealing with "seriously unpopular busnesses" they worry about the repuation risk. That said, their own reputations are pretty rubbish!they know and dont care as long as they get tax relief and further payment for a debt.they will continue laughing to coin a phrase all the way to the bank.

Does this strategy make sense to anyone?

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile: