You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

bigandyuk1

Unreliable Collections Help with a letter please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3910 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I will try not to waffle too much but my wife ordered some goods from Marisota back in May and then forgot to return the unwanted ones. I only found out about this when the constant phone calls started. I took a look at the invoices and there were a lot of small charges added (Late etc.)

I phoned Marisota and told them that I would return the goods outstanding and pay them the £15 that I considered was owing without the charges as full and final payment. This is the letter I sent with a cheque (from my account not my wifes):

Dear Sirs,

Please find enclosed a cheque payment for £15:00 which represents Full and Final Payment on this account. Any outstanding returns will be sent back as soon as the return labels are with me. The Goods outstanding are PK2 UNDRWIRED BRAs.

If you cash this cheque then I will deem it that you accept my terms of a full and final payment.

I checked my account and the cheque was cashed today, My wife also received a letter today from unreliable today (the usual rubbish, contact us via this 0870 number and we will accept reduced payments etc) I have started to compose a letter in response to them but would like some input from the heavy weights in this forum if possible, Actually anyone can contribute if they like. The part draft letter is as follows:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated 1st August 2009 the contents of which are noted.

Please find enclosed a copy of a letter sent to your client on 30th July 2009. With this letter I enclosed a cheque for £15.00 which represented Full and Final Payment on this account with the proviso that if the cheque was cashed then my terms were deemed accepted.

The Cheque was cashed today 5th August 2009 and therefore I deem that my terms have been accepted.

Any help constructing a response will be greatfully accepted.

Regards

Bigandy

Edited by bigandyuk1
layout issues

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Bump :)

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Sit tight and see what bull**** they come up with next.

They have replied that they do not accept the payment is full and final. They have also started a barage of phone calls, some as early as 8am. I will send the harrasment letter and maybe I'll ask for a CCA aswell.

Regards

Bigandy