Victimisation and Attempted Prosecution by Jobcentre

FitzWilliam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks. :-)

I'm very pleased by this latest turn of events. The guard at our jobcentre used to have 'Securitas' on his uniform and now it says 'G4S'.

Under the terms of the TUPE transfer, Securitas had to refund all deposits on their uniforms, either £50 or £100 depending on when the employee started. So that must have cost them about £75,000 and left them with about 1000+ spare uniforms. :madgrin:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an amazing result for the 'little man', fitz.

Well done you for carrying on in incredibly difficult circumstances. There must have been times when you felt the world was against you. [Love the little cheerleaders.]

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks everyone. :-)

Well done you for carrying on in incredibly difficult circumstances. There must have been times when you felt the world was against you. [Love the little cheerleaders.]

My best, HB

Thanks, Honeybee. Yes, it has been very difficult at times. As a lot of caggers have found, you have to fight hard to get justice and sometimes it can take a long time. Of course, I have also kept your motto in mind. :madgrin:

David Bucknell and the Securitas Contract

In Securitas newsletters, David Bucknell has twice written about the Securitas contract to supply guards to UK jobcentres. In a moment, I will quote from these writings.

But first of all, a word or two about the contracts between the DWP, Trillium and Securitas.

The DWP contracts a company called Trillium to manage all its buildings including jobcentres. In turn, Trillium sub-contracts the security services for the jobcentres.

Trillium was formed in 1997. Following its acquisition in 2000 by Land Securities it became Land Securities Trillium; and in January 2009, Land Securities sold it to Telereal so that it became Telereal Trillium.

Trillium’s 20-year PFI contract with the DWP runs till December 2018. In December 2003, they sub-contracted Securitas to supply guards to about a third of the jobcentres for the next 15 years. In December 2010, however, this contract was terminated.

For more on Trillium see:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2011-02-03a.37902.h

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telereal_Trillium

David Bucknell’s writings on the Securitas contract (2009 and 2010)

In the February 2009 issue of the Securitas Newsletter, David Bucknell wrote about the contract to supply security guards (or Customer Care Officers) to UK jobcentres:

December 15th 2008 marked the 5th Anniversary of the Trillium Contract which provides Customer Care Officers to buildings occupied by the Job Centre Plus network. Securitas Account Director, Dave Bucknell, reviews the past 5 years and assesses the future challenges of this demanding, yet rewarding, contract.

At one minute past midnight on Monday 15 December 2003, Securitas assumed the Security responsibility for 1100 [DWP] buildings covering the length and breadth of England, Scotland and Wales. This marked the commencement of our partnership with Trillium. …

The past five years have brought many changes as the Contract has developed. … The business portfolio has grown and diversified whilst service delivery continues to be of the highest standard. Customer Care Officers have increased from 200 in 2003 to the present day figure of over 800. Attendance levels are 99% and are testament to the dedication of our Officers.

It is through working in partnership with Trillium that our Officers have become an integral part of the DWP service delivery teams, not only providing a deterrent to anti social behaviour but in taking a proactive role in real customer service.

Looking back over the last 5 years Dennis Gotts, Trillium Security Director, remarked “Securitas were our partner of choice when DWP extended their deal with Trillium five years ago and it was a choice we have not regretted.”

With 10 years remaining on the Contract, we can expect many further changes and Securitas, like Trillium, will be pursuing innovative solutions that can make a meaningful difference to the way we work.

2009 will present some very real challenges as a result of the economic downturn. … I have absolute confidence that our Securitas Officers can, and will, rise to this challenge.

Finally, I would like to express my thanks and appreciation for the efforts of all employees associated with the Trillium Contract over the past 5 years and look forward to our continuing success.

Best Wishes, Dave

One of the challenges that Securitas rose to in 2009 was to get criminal prosecutions against two men in the town of Alton, Hampshire, backing one of their guards ingiving statements to the police against them. Both men successfully cleared their names, and following a major DPW investigation (March to October 2010) they received compensation for their mistreatment.

In 2008, Mr Bucknell had personally rejected a complaint from one of these men that the same Securitas guard had lied about him in a police statement. Investigated again by the DWP in 2010, together with an accusation that Mr Bucknell had whitewashed his investigation, the complaint was this time upheld.

In the December 2010 issue of the Securitas Newsletter, David Bucknell again wrote about the contract, which was due to end on 31 December 2010, terminated eight years early. By then, Securitas had already lost hundreds of its former employees after they made TUPE transfers to G4S, the rival company awarded the new contract.

As Securitas moves towards the end of the Telereal Trillium contract, Account Director Dave Bucknell reflects on the successes of the past 7 years and assesses how the contract has contributed to the growth of the Company.

Monday December 15th 2003 marked a significant change for Securitas in the UK. It was on this date that the then, Land Securities Trillium contract was mobilised. …

In the ensuing 7 years, predominantly through the skills and commitment of its Officers and Management teams, Securitas has gained a reputation for delivering a service of the highest quality, not only to our Customer, but to the Department for Work and Pensions.

Many Officers from the go live in 2003 continue to provide an invaluable contribution to the contract today and officer numbers have increased twofold since that time. … Injuries have, regrettably, been all too frequent but the determination and dedication of our officers on the frontline to rise above such situations has always reflected the Securitas values of Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness. …

The capability of our teams has been gauged over the years by the dreaded statistics! Attendance levels, punctuality and Customer satisfaction levels have improved year on year throughout the duration of the contract. …

As is often the case change must come and in 2008, ownership of Trillium passed from Land Securities to Telereal and with it, came new commercial priorities.

In order to maximise the return on their investment, Telereal made the decision to rationalise their supplier base and, despite the best efforts of Securitas during protracted negotiations, the decision was made by Telereal that the Securitas contract would cease on 31st December. In delivering the shattering news, Telereal stressed that their decision was based purely on commercial grounds and was in no way a reflection of the service provided by Securitas during the 7 years, in fact they stated that we had been an exemplary service partner during this time.

And so, it is with much sadness that I write this article. However, as an individual who was part of the mobilisation way back in 2003, I take pride in the contribution the contract has made to the growth of Securitas in recent years. …

I sincerely thank you all for your commitment, dedication, loyalty and professionalism and wish you every success in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Dave Bucknell

For the articles in full see:

https://www.securitas.com/Global/United%20Kingdom/Newsletter%20Issue%20No.2%20February%202009.pdf

https://www.securitas.com/Global/United%20Kingdom/Core%20Values%20UK%20Dec%202010%20Issue%209%20.pdf

My favourite lines are:

‘Securitas has gained a reputation for delivering a service of the highest quality, not only to our Customer, but to the Department for Work and Pensions.’

‘Customer satisfaction levels have improved year on year throughout the duration of the contract.’

Reading Mr Bucknell’s descriptions of a company that delivers ‘a service of the highest quality’ and values ‘Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness’ is a bit like learning that your local comprehensive school, failing in the league tables and overrun by delinquents, calls itself as ‘A Centre for Educational Excellence’.

Edited by FitzWilliam

Update on ICE (Independent Case Examiner) Appeals

It looks like the ICE appeals submitted by me and my friend will take a while to be heard. At present they are still hearing cases submitted a year ago in June 2010. In other words, it is likely that our appeals, submitted in March 2011, will not be heard till 2012.

I spoke today to our Nominated Officer; in time we will be allocated an Investigating Officer.

The jobcentre have submitted their papers in the case, and I am have sent my own report with a large collection of documents. I am about to send a copy of the jobcentre CCTV from Dec 2008 (as exhibited in the trial in the magistrates' court).

One big point at issue relates to two complaints made by my friend in Sep and Nov 2008. In both of them he complained of being mistreated by the Securitas guard, and this was before she made her false accusations to the police about him in Dec 2008.

My friend handed the complaints in at the jobcentre and got officially stamped photocopies. But he never received replies to them, either from JCP or Securitas.

The jobcentre should have forwarded the complaints to Securitas. The onus is therefore on the jobcentre to show that they acted correctly in passing on the two complaints. If they did, they should be able to prove so with copies of correspondence.

One of the questions that the ICE will consider is whether the jobcentre failed in its duty to protect my friend. Given that both I and the local CAB raised concerns with the jobcentre about the guard's behaviour long before she got him arrested, it may be difficult for them to do that.

Well, it's going to be a long wait till our appeals are heard ...

• 7 months later...

Update

This thread has told the story of a scandal at Alton Jobcentre Plus, Hampshire where between 2008 and 2009 a malicious security guard persecuted two innocent men with false accusations to the police.

I was falsely accused by her of racist abuse, swearing, racial harassment, homophobic harassment and much else besides between Jan 2008 and Oct 2009. I was arrested and interrogated several times but never charged. My friend was falsely accused of threatening her in the jobcentre in December 2008 and convincingly demonstrated his innocence in a case at Alton Magistrates Court in July 2009. After we both cleared our names, the discredited guard left the security industry in October 2009.

In 2010, the scandal was the subject of a major investigation ordered by Yvette Cooper (who grew up in Alton), then Work and Pensions Secretary. After six months of investigation, the investigators upheld our complaints that the guard had persecuted us with her lies. We both received compensation and apologies.

In October 2010, the same month that the investigation concluded, it was announced that Securitas, who had employed the guard and backed her in making her false accusations to the police, had lost their contract to supply guards to UK jobcentres, terminated 8 years early. I do not know whether this was directly related to the investigation, though the investigators were certainly critical of Securitas and police papers show that the police were dissatisfied with the conduct of the same company.

In 2011, we registered appeals with the Independent Case Examiner. Our aim was to get a fuller acknowledgement of our suffering, which was only partially acknowledged by the DWP. The appeals remained in a long queue until recently.

ICE Appeal

We have recently learnt that our appeal to the ICE has been allocated to an Investigation Officer. She is likely to complete the investigation in about 3 months and then report to the Independent Case Examiner himself. It goes without saying that our appeals concern more serious and complex matters than they usually handle.

Our Investigation Officer has asked me for copies of all my correspondence with JCP and Securitas. The correspondence does not make JCP or Securitas look good. The attitude of JCP was always that the guard's conduct was nothing to do with them because 'she is not a DWP employee' and they consistently failed to act despite overwhelming evidence that she was a serial liar carrying out personal vendettas against innocent men.

Securitas did not properly investigate my complaints about her in 2008, failing even to speak to important witnesses. After I wrote to them on 16 Dec 2008, they employed solicitors to tell me not to write to them any more. That same day, they authorised her to make her police complaint about my friend, allowing her to persecute another innocent man. Securitas handled things very badly. They could have prevented my friend's ordeal in having to go to court if they had heeded my warnings about their malicious employee.

When I started in 2008 out I was trying to have one Securitas guard removed. In 2010, Securitas lost more than a thousand guards after their contract was cancelled.

I will update further with developments.

Edited by FitzWilliam

• 2 months later...

The former guard is now working at Basingstoke Jobcentre, Hampshire.

At the time of the DWP investigation in 2010 - which concluded that she had lied to police about me and another man at Alton Jobcentre - she was on a temporary contract with the DWP at Totton BDC (Benefits Delivery Centre) in Hampshire.

She has been working at Basingstoke Jobcentre since at least October 2011, and in January 2012 her DWP contract was made permanent. :|

wow a long read.

good job in been persistent but its very sad to hear that person who clearly is mentally unstable and in my view proven to not be fit to work in that type of role is been employed by the DWP, yet supposed security checks are carried out? That to me is verry worrying.

No surprise on the police they will look after themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new information. The former guard is now a New Claims Adviser.

At the time of the DWP investigation in 2010, she was under temporary contract at a DWP office where she had no face-to-face contact with the public. After the DWP investigators judged her to have lied to police about jobseekers, I had assumed the DWP would keep her at Totton BDC and let her go after her contract expired.

Amazingly, the DWP not only moved her to a frontline role in a jobcentre but in January 2012 they gave her a permanent contract.

The potential for her to cause trouble is therefore increased. Back in 2008, a police officer in Alton said to me 'She shouldn't be working with the public.' In 2009, my friend told Alton magistrates the same thing after she had lied about him in court.

At Alton Jobcentre she was known as a bully who caused nothing but trouble. Now it is bad luck for anyone who signs on at Basingstoke Jobcentre. I am going to inform Basingstoke CAB and Maria Miller, MP for Basingstoke, of the situation.

... its very sad to hear that person ... is been employed by the DWP, yet supposed security checks are carried out?

I guess the security checks would be for a criminal record, which she does not have. All the same, her own employer investigated her and judged her to be a liar. The sensible thing to have done would be to have let her temporary contract expire and quietly part company with her.

One of the bizarre things about this case is that government investigators have concluded that this woman lied to police, yet the Hampshire Constabulary have never charged her with making false statements or attempting to pervert the course of justice. Those, most surely, are the offenses she has committed.

Read your thread with interest.

Just for your information, the Protection of Freedom Bill became law on 1st May 2012.

You should now write to the Chief Constable of the police force that took your DNA etc and tell them that you now require the samples, PNC records, fingerprints, photographs and all other details of the allegation to be expunged

Gbarbm

• 4 weeks later...
Just for your information, the Protection of Freedom Bill became law on 1st May 2012.

You should now write to the Chief Constable of the police force that took your DNA etc and tell them that you now require the samples, PNC records, fingerprints, photographs and all other details of the allegation to be expunged

Thanks, I will definitely do this. But see my next postings ... :!:

I am arrested again (24 May 2012) :!:

I have been arrested again and am now on police bail following the latest malicious complaint against me by the former guard of Alton Jobcentre, now New Claims Adviser at Basingstoke Jobcentre.

The former guard claims that my recent visits to Basingstoke Jobcentre are criminal harassment. As I reported above, she is still working for the DWP, despite the ruling against her by DWP investigators in 2010.

On 24 May 2012, I spent seven and a half hours in police custody, mostly in a cell at Basingstoke Police Station. I was interrogated by two police officers trying to make me confess that my recent visits to Basingstoke Jobcentre (where I never spoke to any jobcentre staff and no jobcentre staff ever spoke to me) were ‘harassment’.

I have been bailed till 9 July 2012 while police take further statements from staff. They have already taken statements from the former guard and another member of staff, and have seized CCTV, but evidently have no evidence to bring charges.

The former guard has formerly made false accusations against me of swearing, racist and sexist abuse, and threatening words (Jan 2008), racial harassment (April 2008), homophobic harassment (Jan 2009), stalking (May 2009), homophobic harassment (June 2009), intimidation and breach of police bail (July 2009), and harassment (Oct 2009). I have spent five months under police investigation and have a clean police record. In October 2010, I was compensated £400 for my persecution by her.

In April 2008, she falsely accused xxxx Jobcentre manager, of harassment. The complaint was rejected by police in May 2008. (xxxxx, no longer works at Alton Jobcentre.)

In December 2008, she falsely accused my friend of threatening words and behaviour, and in about Feb 2009 of breach of court bail. He cleared his name at Alton Magistrates Court in July 2009. In November 2010, he was compensated £600 for his persecution by her.

I will give fuller details in my next postings.

Edited by MARTIN3030

Oh for gods sake this is ridiculous. After her behavior last time the police can't possibly take what she says seriously, surely?

Has she got nothing better to do with her life then do this?

Background to my arrest

1. My letter from the DWP

On 2 May 2012, a woman named xxxx of the DWP wrote me this letter:

‘I am writing to you about the incidents that took place one 19th April, 30th April and 1st May 2012 at our Basingstoke office. As far as we can determine you do not have any business with that office so there is no apparent reason why you were there. You have been observed looking around the building, looking through windows, and loitering outside. In most circumstances just looking around the office would not attract any attention, but in view of your past history with a member of staff, who works at Basingstoke, this in unacceptable as it is both intimidating and harassing. This must stop immediately.

‘I must inform you that such behaviour towards Department for Work and Pensions staff, both on or off our premises is unacceptable. Should there be any repetition of this behaviour the police will be called and, in addition to any criminal proceedings they may take, civil action may be taken against you.

‘If you would like to speak to me about this letter please ring me … [etc].’

You will notice that the DWP ask me not go to Basingstoke Jobcentre again, saying they will call the police if I do. I did not go again to the jobcentre, yet still I was arrested.

It suggests to me that the former guard’s police complaint is her own, not officially sanctioned by the DWP.

2. My reply to the letter

This is my reply to the same letter (before my arrest).

Dear xxxxxx

I have read your letter of 2 May 2012. The purpose of the letter appears to be to make unexceptional events sound sinister. I will comment on it a sentence at a time.

I am writing to you about the incidents that took place on 19th April, 30th April and 1st May 2012 at our Basingstoke office.

My visits to Basingstoke Jobcentre were not ‘incidents’.

As far as we can determine you do not have any business with that office so there is no apparent reason why you were there.

I often go to Basingstoke and sometimes drop into the jobcentre, which is a public building. I first visited Basingstoke Jobcentre in 2008 and have been there many times since. When I am in Petersfield I sometimes visit the jobcentre in that town.

You have been observed looking around the building, looking through windows, and loitering outside.

The only part of the jobcentre I went to was the lobby area on the ground floor, where the information leaflets and jobpoints are situated. I used the jobpoints on the days you list, something you fail to mention in your letter. I still have two job sheets that I printed from one of the jobpoints (timed 15:46 and 15:48 on 30/04/2012).

In most circumstances just looking around the office would not attract any attention, but in view of your past history with a member of staff, who works at Basingstoke, this is unacceptable as it is both intimidating and harassing.

I have not harassed or intimidated anyone at Basingstoke Jobcentre. I have never approached or spoken to any staff at Basingstoke Jobcentre.

The ‘member of staff’ you refer to is [name], formerly security guard at Alton Jobcentre (2007-09) and now a frontline member of staff at Basingstoke Jobcentre. I was, I must say, somewhat surprised to see her in Basingstoke Jobcentre recently.

Her ‘past history’ is that she has persecuted innocent people with false statements to the police. In a police statement of January 2008, she falsely accused me of calling her a ‘f***ing foreigner’ and jobcentre staff ‘f***ing women’ and of threatening her. Her statement was ‘partially inaccurate and not completely truthful’ and caused me ‘embarrassment, severe distress and inconvenience’. Those quoted words are not mine; they are the words of the Chief Executive of Jobcentre Plus in a letter of apology to me dated October 2010.

[she] also persecuted xxxof Alton. In a police statement of December 2008, she falsely accused him of threatening her in the jobcentre, and she bore false witness against him at Alton Magistrates Court in July 2009. She caused xxx ‘gross inconvenience’ and ‘gross embarrassment, humiliation and unnecessary personal intrusion’. Again, those are the words of the Chief Executive of Jobcentre Plus.

In both my case and xxx [she] twisted innocent words we had spoken to give the deliberately false impression that we had threatened her; and she deliberately made up extra words we had never spoken to make our speech sound criminal. Impartial witnesses corroborated our accounts of having spoken innocently to her.

[she] has also falsely accused me of harassment, her malicious complaints rejected after lengthy and time-wasting police investigations in 2008 and 2009. She also falsely accused Mrs xxx, jobcentre manager of Alton, of harassment in 2008, that complaint rightly rejected by police.

I am not the only one falsely accused of racism by [her]. In offensive internet writings of May 2008, following the rejection of her ‘harassment’ complaints against me and xxx she accused the Alton police by innuendo of being racist and homophobic.

According to two police officers, speaking in 2010, [she] made numerous complaints against Alton police officers, including accusations of racism, all of which were rejected after formal investigation. I have no paperwork to confirm these reports but have been told that Inspector xxxx dealt with some of her complaints.

[Her] false accusations are invariably backed up with feigned indignation and other fabricated emotional responses. To take just one example, in January 2008 she claimed to be ‘extremely offended’ by ‘racist’ words that where never spoken to her and which she herself had made up.

Playing the race card is the favoured tactic of anti-white racists and has proved remarkably effective in our politically correct society. The Hampshire Constabulary automatically give ‘top priority’ to complaints described to them as ‘racist’ or ‘homophobic’ and claim to be the most ‘gay friendly’ police force in the UK. This has given [her] a field day. The police co-operate with her and are afraid to stand up to her.

I have never ceased to be amazed by [her] audacity in lying, even about things independently witnessed by others or captured on CCTV. Nonetheless, following the DWP investigation of [her] in 2010 and the ruling against her

This must stop immediately.

What is it that must stop, my ‘harassing and intimidating’ of staff? I challenge you to produce CCTV that backs up your accusations and confidently predict that you will be unable to.

I must inform you that such behaviour towards Department for Work and Pensions staff, both on or off our premises is unacceptable.

What ‘behaviour’? Do you refer again to my non-existent ‘harassing and intimidating’ of staff?

Should there be any repetition of this behaviour the police will be called and, in addition to any criminal proceedings they may take, civil action may be taken against you.

I remind you that wasting police time is a criminal offence. Give the police CCTV if you like. CCTV showed that xx

was innocent, and it will also show that I am innocent. If you mount a civil action, your chief witness against me will be a woman that you, the DWP, officially judge to be a liar.

It seems to me that your letter misses the real problem here. In 2010, when [she] spent six months being investigated by the DWP’s HR Investigation Service Team, she was under temporary contract at Totton BDC, working in a clerical position where she had no face-to-face contact with the public.

At Alton Jobcentre she had had day-to-day access to members of the public whom she bullied, persecuted and lied about to the police.

Following the judgement against her in October 2010, upholding serious complaints that she lied to police about jobseekers, the DWP has moved her to a frontline role at Basingstoke Jobcentre. Thus the potential for her to cause trouble – diminished when she was at Totton BDC – is now greatly increased again.

Really, it is quite amazing. I had naturally assumed that the DWP, having upheld such very serious complaints about [her], would let her temporary contract expire and quietly part company with her.

Michael Mates MP was unhappy to have [her] causing trouble in his constituency when she was at Alton Jobcentre.

I shall of course let Maria Miller, MP for Basingstoke, know that [she] is now working at Basingstoke Jobcentre. I shall also inform Basingstoke CAB.

Yours [etc]

Interestingly, of course, Maria Miller MP is a junior minister in the DWP. I have written to tell her that the former guard is now working at Basingstoke Jobcentre.

Edited by MARTIN3030

My arrest and interrogation

At 5.30 am on Thursday 10 May, the police came banging on my door and shouting. I ignored them. I am not going to have the police snatch me sleepy, hungry and mentally unprepared for an interrogation.

They came again at 5.00 pm, and on Friday (12.30 am, 8 am, 8 pm), and Saturday (12.15 pm, 8.30 pm). Eventually, I got a card asking me to call Basingstoke Police Station.

On Wednesday 23 May, I phoned Basingstoke Police Station and spoke to xxxxxxx, the investigating officer. He confirmed that the former guard had made a complaint of ‘harassment’ against me. I told him about my DWP letter and my reply to it. He asked me to bring it with me.

I asked him if he was familiar with Inspector xxxx (see above). Interestingly, he said he had read an opinion of the former guard by this inspector. I arranged to go to Basingstoke Police Station the next afternoon.

At 2 pm the next day, I was just getting into my car to drive to Basingstoke, when a police car came tearing round the corner. I was arrested, handcuffed, and taken to Basingstoke Police Station in the police car.

Upon being arrested, I said, ‘Miss [name] is a serial liar with a history of making false accusations against innocent people.’ I handed the arresting officer a card with the words written on it so that he could copy them into his pocketbook without any mistakes.

(I did not want him later claiming I said, ‘You got me bang to rights, governor. I admit it, I harassed her just like you said.’)

I was processed at Basingstoke Police Station. The police asked me for my ethnicity and I replied ‘English’. But English is not on their officially approved Home Office list of ‘self-defined ethnicities’, so they put me down as ’09 Any other ethnic group’.

I was then slammed in a cell for the whole afternoon. At 6 pm I was given a short menu to choose my evening meal. I selected shepherd’s pie. I ate the pie before noticing the ‘halal’ label on it. I was angry to have just eaten halal meat, because I object to the cruel way the animals are killed.

At 5.45 pm the police collected CCTV from the jobcentre. I presume they then watched it. (It must make very boring viewing as it only shows me in the jobcentre looking at leaflets and using jobpoints. I do not speak to any jobcentre staff, and none of them speak to me.)

My interview started at about 7.20 pm and lasted for about 2 hours. I was interviewed by xxxx and xxxxx PC xxxx was not on duty that day.

My interviewers were hostile to me. They were very dismissive of the letter from the DWP that I read to them, saying it was not relevant. When I spoke about the former guard having made false accusations against other people they kept interrupting me.

I pointed out to them that the real problem was that a British government enquiry had concluded that the former guard lied in police statements but that the Hampshire Constabulary had failed to charge her with any criminal offence.

The crimes she might be charged with are making false statements, attempting to pervert the course of justice, perjury and wasting police time.

They insisted in going in detail over the petty details of my visits to the jobcentre. Bizarrely, the female officer tried to claim that my mere presence in the jobcentre constituted ‘harassment’. Frankly, the interview was very tiresome. The male officer seemed to be in a bad mood.

I was released from police custody at about 9.30 pm, bailed to return on 9 July 2012. My custody record reads, ‘D[etained] P[erson] bailed to allow outstanding enquiries to be completed. Statements from staff on site.’

Afterwards

On Tuesday 29 May 2012 (six days after my interview), xxxxxxxx phoned me.

He asked me to send the DWP letter I had taken to the interview, saying the other officers should have taken it from me, because it is evidence that ‘potentially stands in your favour’. I posted it to him that afternoon.

I said I would see him when I surrendered my bail. He replied that I might hear from him before then.

My guess is that this is not going anywhere. I do not expect to be charged withany criminal offence. But if I am, I will fight it all the way.

It will be interesting to see what happens…

Edited by MARTIN3030

I hope to god you have a copy of that letter, and did not just send the only copy to them?!!

If I were you, I would make the duty solicitor or a legal aid sol work for their crust and start working on this properly for you.

Have you considered making a formal complaint regarding the harassment of YOU by the DWP regarding this arrest? See if you can trip an officer into admitting if its the DWP as an organisation, or if its an "individual" who made it. Whichever it is, make a formal and official criminal complaint of harassment.

If you feel up to it, you could contact the IPCC and make a formal complaint of Police Harassment too? Also complain about the behaviour of the Officers at the interview if you feel they were out of order.

Consider contacting the Media regarding the previous stuff? You wont be able to go into detail about the current problem, but they may be interested given that you have been arrested... again.

Have you ever considered taking civil action against the Guard?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely unbelievable! Good luck with this fight, I just can't believe they are wasting all this time on it..........

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

I can't speak about Alton but I can confirm the Basingstoke Jobcentreplus is the most (edited) of the DWP offices I've ever visited in my life and I have lived all around our glorious country. Somebody mentioned ** edited** . Well unless I am mistaken for another **edited*** she used to be the Customer Services manager at Basingstoke JCP circa 2008-2010 and she is regarded as a difficult person. While she might have done a good job to the OP I know personally ex-employees at that office that have left because of her.

Edited by citizenB
removed contentious words

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks