Abbey Account on hold forever

Bluefairy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, could you advise me please?

about 2 years ago I advised Abbey of my claim in excess of £3K. They paid half as a "gesture of goodwill", but refused to deal with the rest pending the OFT case.

They removed my OD but didnt add any more charges and have continued to send me my monthly statement which is for the same OD amount.

Are they only paying out hardship claims at the mo? I would certainly qualifyfor this now, but I dont know whether I should just do another LBA and issue (they ignored all other LBA's).

I am a bit behind with my knowledge on this topic as have been fighting the good fight against the DCA's on unenforcaeble agreements and won against HFO twice.

Ive been mooching around the threads and noticed the name "inga" quite a lot, is this someone I can utilsie as a point of contact at Abbey?

Finally, I now bank with AL who are now also part of Santander can my claim with Abbey affect my AL account now?

Thanks all

love blue x

As you do not use the Abbey account anymore then a claim for financial hardship with them would be rejected since you don't use the account and haven't done for 2 years.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf