Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply

Job seekers + housing bennefit suspended.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3995 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi, My girlfriends 19yo daughter , who lives in a 2 bed flat, was claiming job seekers allowance and housing benefit.

Exactly 12 months ago she gave birth to a premature baby, after several days on life support the baby passed away.

Daughter was due to attend a job seekers meeting last friday (on the aniversary of the babys funeral.)

She had taken the loss of the baby very hard and did not want to attend the meeting on that particular day.


She has now been informed that because of the missed meeting that she is now having all her benefits stoped!

She was informed that the "Excuse" of the aniversary of the funeral was not a good enough reason to miss the meeting.

She is living on her own and has no form of income at all.

Can anyone offer any help or advice on what she can do?


hello all:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


hello all:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any ideas on how to procede?

hello all:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

She can ask for a reconsideration. This needs to be done in writing, either by letter or on form GL24 ("If you think our decision is wrong") which she could get from her Jobcentre. She would need to explain clearly why she thought the JCP had made an error.


The alternative that I'm aware of is that she could make a new claim via the contact centre. There may be other options, I don't work with JSA and I don't know all their rules. Hopefully someone else will be along soon with a better answer.


As a general rule, though, Jobcentres will be more forgiving if appointments are rearranged in advance - failing to appear almost always causes hassle.




The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that.

How would we go about complaining about the attitude of the person that spoke to her about this missed appontment ?

He was very rude and showed no compassion at all.

hello all:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Send a written complaint addressed to the Jobcentre manager, naming the member of staff concerned and an outline of the conversation that took place.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.



Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Your daughter must send a written complaint in. To be treated like that is unbelievable.


If you disagree with a benefits decision


When the benefits office sends you a letter about their decision, if you do not agree, you can ask them to explain or reconsider it.

If you're unhappy with a reconsidered decision you can appeal.

You can ask for an explanation or reconsideration of every decision, but some benefit decisions cannot be appealed.

For example, you can't appeal against decisions on Budgeting Loans, Community Care Grants or Crisis Loans. The decision letter will make it clear if it can't be appealed.





You have one month:

  • after getting a decision to ask for it to be explained, reconsidered or to appeal
  • after getting a reconsidered decision to start an appeal.

If you click on the link below, it gives some explanation and also lets you print the leaflet you need to send.


DWP booklet: 'If you think our decision is wrong' (PDF, 109K) Opens new window

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.



have a nice day !!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be an idea to contact the council about her HB explaining about the break in her claim and asking for a period of 'nil' income whilst this is being investigated. Copies of her bank statement (or wherever her jsa is paid into) would show this to be true.


That is awful - such lack of compassion at the other end of the 'phone. Hope she gets somewhere soon.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales


West brom SETTLED


Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent


Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice


Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date


Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full



National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted



HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...