style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got an aquaintance who was visited by 2 bailiffs today claiming to be from Marstons.....one is registered with Marstons the other is registered with another company (Corporate Enforcement And Recovery). They were carrying out a warrant of execution and stated that they couldn't wait until all the items in the office were verified as being rented / leased, and they would take goods and then they would have to state the case of leased items to the auctioneer.....!! In the end the speeding fine - which was contested as the driver not being identified - as the car in question is driven by a number of people, was paid to the bailiffs...

Hhmm parking fines and bailiffs:rolleyes:

Can they really just take ALL items without verification?

Can they really act on a debt that was in dispute?

Got an aquaintance who was visited by 2 bailiffs today claiming to be from Marstons.....one is registered with Marstons the other is registered with another company (Corporate Enforcement And Recovery). They were carrying out a warrant of execution and stated that they couldn't wait until all the items in the office were verified as being rented / leased, and they would take goods and then they would have to state the case of leased items to the auctioneer.....!! In the end the speeding fine - which was contested as the driver not being identified - as the car in question is driven by a number of people, was paid to the bailiffs...

The bailiff is WRONG.

However on the matter of the fact that you had contested this liability...you really do need to contact the relevant Magistrates Court to establish why a Distress Warrnt was issued. If an error has been made then you will need to file a Statutory Declaration but you only have 21 days form the date that you were "aware " of the warrant.

A valid Statutory Declaration will CANCEL the fine and enable a refund to be made. Most importantly it also cancels any points that may have been imposed on a driving licence !!

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear of your nightmare. However, I can top it, with a visit from 3 bailiffs in one go! Anyone beat that:p

No but I did have 2 walk into my back garden many, many years ago with a pair of bolt cutters saying they had come to reposses my washing machine and if I did not let them in they were allowed to gain access anyway necessary to get the machine.

Needless to say I chased them!!

Blasted cheek! Didn't think they could take things you needed anyway like a washing machine! These people really have no morals. One of mine had a big flashy silver badge round his neck though that he was so proud of he kept flashing at me. Think he thought he looked cool, like starsky and hutch! :D