You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Got an aquaintance who was visited by 2 bailiffs today claiming to be from Marstons.....one is registered with Marstons the other is registered with another company (Corporate Enforcement And Recovery). They were carrying out a warrant of execution and stated that they couldn't wait until all the items in the office were verified as being rented / leased, and they would take goods and then they would have to state the case of leased items to the auctioneer.....!! In the end the speeding fine - which was contested as the driver not being identified - as the car in question is driven by a number of people, was paid to the bailiffs...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Guest wino

Hhmm parking fines and bailiffs:rolleyes:

Can they really just take ALL items without verification?

Can they really act on a debt that was in dispute?

the answer to both wino is yes, because they are bailiffs and they do what they want and charge what they want, Don't they.

and could it not be said that two firms were acting on the same warrant?

Edited by lets fight bailiffs

Got an aquaintance who was visited by 2 bailiffs today claiming to be from Marstons.....one is registered with Marstons the other is registered with another company (Corporate Enforcement And Recovery). They were carrying out a warrant of execution and stated that they couldn't wait until all the items in the office were verified as being rented / leased, and they would take goods and then they would have to state the case of leased items to the auctioneer.....!! In the end the speeding fine - which was contested as the driver not being identified - as the car in question is driven by a number of people, was paid to the bailiffs...

The bailiff is WRONG.

However on the matter of the fact that you had contested this liability...you really do need to contact the relevant Magistrates Court to establish why a Distress Warrnt was issued. If an error has been made then you will need to file a Statutory Declaration but you only have 21 days form the date that you were "aware " of the warrant.

A valid Statutory Declaration will CANCEL the fine and enable a refund to be made. Most importantly it also cancels any points that may have been imposed on a driving licence !!

• Haha 1

Thankyou TT....the car was registered to the company, so they were attempting to collect on the company as opposed to an individual...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Sorry to hear of your nightmare. However, I can top it, with a visit from 3 bailiffs in one go! Anyone beat that:p

Guest wino
Sorry to hear of your nightmare. However, I can top it, with a visit from 3 bailiffs in one go! Anyone beat that:p

No but I did have 2 walk into my back garden many, many years ago with a pair of bolt cutters saying they had come to reposses my washing machine and if I did not let them in they were allowed to gain access anyway necessary to get the machine.

Needless to say I chased them!!

Blasted cheek! Didn't think they could take things you needed anyway like a washing machine! These people really have no morals. One of mine had a big flashy silver badge round his neck though that he was so proud of he kept flashing at me. Think he thought he looked cool, like starsky and hutch! :D