next step..

hanban8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i posted a little while ago. The garage neglected to tell me verbally about a nail in my tyre while replacing my brake pads and I consequently drove 200 miles with a nearly flat tyre. I have written a letter of complaint but had no reply what do i do next?

Unless I have missed something what makes you think that the garage should have checked your tyres. You took the car to them for brakes not a tyre inspection. Would you have also expected them to tell you if your oil level was low or your screenwashers were empty.

Unless I have missed something what makes you think that the garage should have checked your tyres. You took the car to them for brakes not a tyre inspection. Would you have also expected them to tell you if your oil level was low or your screenwashers were empty.

If you bother to read the original thread, you will discover that the garage marked the tyre and also placed a note in the paperwork.

IMO, they are negligent in not informing the person collecting the vehicle verbally, and also for allowing an unroadworthy vehicle to leave the premises.

However, whilst the OP has a valid complaint - for which they should issue an apology; he has no loss or damages to claim for - the tyre was going to need replacing anyway.