You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
misscher33

Alliance and Leicester PPI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I currently have a loan with A+L, I have sent a letter to cancel the payment protection as it is very high. Is there a hope that I could claim it all back even though the loan is current. On the day I applied on the phone I got the impression from the lady that PPI was a condition of the loan. Please can someone help as I am unsure as to where to start.

Thanks

I have a loan with them. I sent letter to cancel ppi and asked for a refund and they never questioned me. I received 400 pound back from them

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

hi, thanks for the reply, how did the process take and was this recent, they owe me quite a bit and i was wondering if you used any special letter tempates. cheers

this was about 4 months ago. i did use a template . it took about 6 weeks to conclude. But i accepted their first offer. I may have been owed more, it wasn't until i came on this site that i realised i may have been shortchanged. But at least i got the money back so i'm happy. If you want to work it out yourself it is probably best to ask on here for help doing it as its a bit tricky

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

I currently have a loan with A+L, I have sent a letter to cancel the payment protection as it is very high. Is there a hope that I could claim it all back even though the loan is current. On the day I applied on the phone I got the impression from the lady that PPI was a condition of the loan. Please can someone help as I am unsure as to where to start.

Thanks

Hello misscher,

Did you know A & L have been fined for mis-selling PPI?

Have a look at this....

Alliance & Leicester to pay £7 million fine for PPI failings

If the dates of your loan match any dates within the period A & L were fined it will give you a great chance to reclaim but the fact they have been fined for mis-selling gives you the upper hand on any reclaim IMO.

Yes you can cancel and you can claim back the premiums paid plus the interest on those premiums and if it is judged as mis-sold you should also be able to claim back 8% statutory interest from the day the PPI started until you get a settlement on your claim for mis-selling.

Have a good look in here... PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

and here but this is a lot of work...

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

If you believe you have a valid case the way ahead is to get the information/data using a Subject Access Request....templates here....

Full SAR for ppi

and also here....Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

So gather the data. prepare you claim and get your money back :D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.