HBOS Ignored my DPA Letter, What Now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I still have not received my statements from HBOS. I rang today to ask where they were and was fobbed off with "it has been put on hold as we need to search the archives, but they should be with you in 7 days".

I sent the Data Protection Act letter requesting the statements on 8th June 2006 and they have already cashed my £10 cheque. What can I do to get these statements?

Best Wishes

Milly

Milly,

look in the bank templates library. there are templates for DPA non compliance letters (from alanfromderby) and also what to do now. you can begin a claim with an estimated amount and claim the balance later after your claim is settled.

Good luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

The other thing you can do is make a complaint to the DPA commissioner, and they can get the information, may take some time though.

7/8/06 Phone call to abbey asking for a full refund of latest £230

Halifax Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Request will be posted 25/9/06

Abbey Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Request posted 9/8/06

Abbey Statements recieved and calculations done

Abbey request for refunds will be sent 25/9/06 14 days notice counting down

9/10/06 Offer of £530 been accepted, £50 short of total

2/11/06 Letter from the halifax saying the statements will arrive shortly

milly the same thing is happening to me. i rang a direct line and spoke to Mark Kellett tel no: 01422 332991 today. he appeared very helpful and told me he was sending the statements himself today recorded delivery and if i dont have them by thurs to ring him again. i dont know if it will do any good but it might be worth you giving him a ring. just one thing is it a halifax account or bank of scotland. if bank of scotland they have to get the statements from elsewhere but halifax acc they can get them straight away thats what he told me and he also said that there was no reason for it to have taken so long. so give it a go and let me know how you get on. i'll let you know if i get mine by thurs

Yvonne

They done the same with me. i sent a non compliance of DPA letter to them and also filed a complaint with the Information Comissioner. I then phoned the same number as above, cant remember who I spoke to but they assured me I would have them in 2 days. 2 days later I received 2 lots of statements.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

Hi All

Thanks for the information! Rang Mark today on the number supplied (thanks to Yvonne and Towelie :D ). He said same thing, that I'd receive them by recorded delivery by Friday.

Fingers crossed until then lol.

Cheers

Milly.