You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

skonk

just-eat.co.uk refund problem

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3995 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Right, this is starting to annoy me so much! End of June, ordered food through their website. Order was accepted, paid by VISA debit. 3 hours later, still no food. Rang just eat, they said phone the restaraunt. Called the restaraunt, they said no order had been accepted. Back onto just eat.

The guy said that someone has to physically accept the order on the computer. Told him what the restaraunt said, so I said I want that order cancelled, and was ordering from a different shop on the website. Asked if the money would go back onto the card, he said yes, in the next 3-5 working days. Left it at that.

Checked last week, still no refund. Called just-eat and explained everything again. The guy said that the original order had not been cancelled, but he can see my call logged to them. Told him I was told I'd be getting a refund. He said he'd have to call the restaraunt for them to confirm the order never went out. In his own words," I need to see who is lying first before we refund anything!"

Called me back and he said the restaraunt said they're computer was down so they couldn't see any orders. SAid he'd call me back, but still hasn't. During the call, I asked if all these calls were recorded. He confirmed they were. Then I told him that my call, saying I want the order cancelled and the colleague saying I would get a refund, would be logged and on record for him to check. He agreed.

Asked him what would happen if the restaraunt said they had delivered the food, would I get a refund then? He said they would have to investigate it, as it would be my word against theirs! That's when I asked about the recorded phone calls. Plus, why would I make a new order 3 hours later? I like my curries, but I'm not that greedy!

So, basically, I'm on record asking for the order to be cancelled, and the just eat employee agreeing and telling me I would get the money put back on the card in the next few days. I'm also on record calling again, asking why the money hasn't been returned and the just eat employee saying that there is a note on my account to say I called and I am due a refund, but the order wasn't cancelled by them.

Gonna call them tomorrow, but where do I stand if they say the restaraunt sent the food out? In my eyes, it's theft, as they took the money, but didn't deliver the food, and I made just eat aware of this.

Debit card and less than £100, so no right to do a chargeback.

Since it's VISA debitit might be worth phoning them up to see if they will reverse the transaction anyhow.

As far as I know, if the restaurant/just-eat/VISA don't play ball, then you'd have to sue in the small claims court. I'd guess that the price of a curry would be less than the fees to start a case, so probably not worth it.

IF the call was recorded, is it possible to obtain a transcript or recording of the call with a subject access request under the data protection regulations?

As far as I know, if the restaurant/just-eat/VISA don't play ball, then you'd have to sue in the small claims court. I'd guess that the price of a curry would be less than the fees to start a case, so probably not worth it.

I disagree. This is how scams like this (if it is a [problem] and not simply very poor customer service) continue to exist.

The Court fees are added to the claim anyway

IF the call was recorded, is it possible to obtain a transcript or recording of the call with a subject access request under the data protection regulations?

There is no question, The content of any call recording is available via SAR.

Good Evening.

I'm writing on behalf on Just-Eat Customer Services.

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. This of course not the standard we expect or set for our staff and service.

If you could be kind of enough to leave me your order number, I will resolve this issue for you. If you do not have your order number, could you please send me your e mail address and I will rectify this matter.

Thank you for your time and once again I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Just-Eat Customer Services

Good for you, Just-Eat - It's good to see retailers that actually care about customers.

Skonk - let us know how it goes.

Thanks just-eat! Sent you a PM with the order number. Hope you can resolve this for me.

Result! Just had an email from their customer services, and they issued the refund, which will take a few days to clear, and added 5000 just eat points to my account to use in their point loyalty shop, as a gesture of goodwill. Must say I'm impressed with the way it's now been dealt with.

it's good to see a company rectify mistakes

it's good to see a company rectify mistakes

+1. Any company will have problems at some times. What separates the good ones from the bad ones is how they handle them.