You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

time35run

Northern Rock - Arrears offer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3994 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am almost divorced now and the ex has not paid any of his half of the mortgage for almost two years. The arrears stand at about £13k and Northern Rock are adding charges as if they have gone out of fashion.

I have agreement from the ex that he will sign the house over to me if I can get him removed from the mortgage. I have a new man who is happy to replace him on the mortgage but feels that "we" should not really have to pay all of the arrears and has asked Northern Rock for a compromise of say paying half (around £6k) as a full and final settlement of the arrears. This is on the proviso of the change of parties being agreed by them. The issue we have is we do not seem to be able to get past the officious and idiotic front line telephone sales people to actually talk to a person who might see some sense. My boyfriend is rightly unhappy to pay cash sums toward clearing some of the arrears if they will not do a change of parties whilst we are in arrears !!!!

Can anyone shed some light on what is a merry go round of arrears?

Thanks in advance

A letter to the Chairman/MD of the bank sent recorded might get a response from somebody high up in authority....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Okay thank you, that is worth a try.

I would agree with 42man on this but remember to point out that adding your new man to the mortgage will dramatically increase their chances of getting the mortgage debt resolved. I hope they would agree that having a willing customer is far better than pursuing someone who doesn't seem so keen to pay.

Try writing to Gary A Hoffman (CEO) at Northern Rock plc. Northern Rock House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL

Good luck!

Thank you for that useful tip. I will mention that in our proposal. Our difficulty so far seems to be that whoever answers the phone is clearly working from a sheet of answers rather than dealing wich each case individually as it says they should do on their website !!!

In our minds, our proposal is a no brainer- this is the perfect resolve for all concerned as their is no way my ex will pay anything and we won't plough more money into unless they will do a change of parties. Our proposal clears the arrears and guarantees the monthly payment will be made. Once we have cleared the arrears, we will look to remortgage elsewhere which is what I gather NR want us all to do.

hopefully a letter to the CEO might means its passed to someone with a brain to get it agreed, I will update you and thanks to you both for your comments.

if you think I've helped, feel free to tickle my scales......

Tickling scales ?!! How do I do that ?!

click on the little scales icon (nect to the warning triangle) below my details on the left hand side of my post and say something nice!

• Haha 1

Oh ! I had no idea ! Have had many useful comments and never tipped anyones scales before. Oops. At least now I know and have tickled you !