La Fitness - Sharks!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Signed up to annual membership, got an injury, doctor referred me to physio and advised no more gym. Gym wouldn't cancel my membership without further 'proof' so I got a doctor's letter and cancelled the DD. But doctor's letter arrived to them after new month had ticked over in which time account had gone into arrears. Trading Standards got involved and told me the contract I'd signed with them was not even enforceable under OFT rules. LA Fitness continued to demand money from me, even when they had been told the contract was unenforceable! At the same time they'd passed my case over to Trevor Munn Solicitors, who were oblivious to my injury and sent me a letter, telling me I was being taken to court. I also had to change my mobile phone number to avoid the harassing phone calls I was receiving from the debt collection agency ACL. After the letter from the solicitors, I phoned them up, furious and they apologised and said LA Fitness had not told them any of my case, only that the account was in arrears. I referred this back to Trading Standards, to whom the solicitors would not speak and heard nothing further from LA Fitness. However, I now have a black mark on my otherwise clean credit history. I want it erased and I want LA Fitness, ACL and Trevor Munn to be exposed and held to account for what they've done. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO NEXT???

• 3 weeks later...

Send a letter before action to whoever has posted information on your Credit File advising them that they have 14/28 days to remove the offending default from your file. This may be enough to scare them off, if it isn't then take them to court to seek it's removal and go for costs against them.

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves