Northern Rock - unenforceable?

rooster32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first post here - seems the best place to ask my question!

Its recently come to my attention that part of my northern rock mortgage may be unenforceable.

I took a mortgage with them in march 2007 for 89k and an unsecured loan for 28k. the key facts agreement sent out has the total amount as 117k, with no record that this include 2 seperate loans.

Should i not have a seperate key facts for both these loans or a seperate CCA? they take the 1 payment from my account monthly too, surely they should be taking 2 seperate payments?

If i was to ask for copies of this what is the best way to start going about it?

Thanks for any help on this!

Edited by rooster32

• 1 month later...

I've spoken to a group called cartel client review about this and they reckon i have a case for the mortgage part - "a flaw in the contract" and can get 5k back?

they also say they will challenge the unsecured loan due to it being "unenforceable" and will look to get this written off?

Has anyone ever dealt with them and does the advice they have given me sound realistic? Also is there anyway i can do this myself for free to avoid a £495 and £195 fee for each agreement?

*I don't have access to a scanner to upload the agreement*

Please do not use cartel. i paid them some money to claim card charges back it went to some litigation company in manchester never got any response from them dispite emails and recorded letters. luckily i cancelled the payments in time and only lost 55.00 (5 x 11) for 5 cards.

Mike

Could someone have a look at this and advise?

The total amount shown is a combination of a mortgage for 89k and an unsecured loan for 28k. It also shows one payment per month. should it not show a breakdown and Should i not have a seperate KFI?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Edited by rooster32

you need the actual signed, executed credit agreement.

have you requested CCA?, and Subject access request?

Thats all i have been given which is a concern, I guess thats the next stage - to get CCA!

Is this the correct letter:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Thanks for the help!