Late Payment Charge - Very Mail Order

Shadowfax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Very and rely on their monthly statement which is sent to me a few days before payment is due. I then pay the amount requested. My last statement arrived late - it was received on the day that payment was due - so I sent them an email to explain. Their reply stated that I should have checked online when I realised that the statement had not arrived in time and that a late payment fee of £12 would be added to my account. I asked for a breakdown of this 'fee' explaining that charges should be fair and cover their costs only. I have just received their reply stating that they cannot give a breakdown.

Have I a right to demand that this charge is fully explained? Thanks.

Shadowfax.

old andrew2007 - thank you for your reply. Very's original reply said that charges were made automatically and could not be removed without speaking to me. I was advised to call an 0844 number where they would be happy to help "if a charge is made." I emailed to say I was not prepared to call what could be a revenue generating number and stated that they already knew why I was enquiring about the possible charge. Their next reply was somewhat abrupt, advising that charges could not be taken off by email and telling me to write to an address in Chelmsford. It concluded "Thanks for enquiring about the £12 charge on your account." Realising that I was going to have to pay for being late I sent a further email as detailed in my original post and the reply was that "we are unable to give a breakdown of this charge." I wished to know why it cost Very so much because I had made the payment late. To add insult to injury I find that, if the charge is not paid after 28 days, interest will be charged at the rate of 39.7%.

Having had an account with this company (Littlewoods) for years and having spent quite a bit with them I am disappointed with their attitude.

£12 isn't a lot but I imagine they are getting lots of £12's in late payment charges these days.

Anyway I'm considering what to do next. Thanks again.

Shadowfax.

Hi, Shadowfax.

Claim the £12 fee's back, no one told them it was ok to charge £12.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert