Help - Urgent ..... calling all caggers ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-(Hi all ...

Hope you can help me out ?

Just got a copy of my credit file which is virtually clean, thanks to many of your wonderfully helpful souls on here. However, one but - a very big but - 1st Credit still have an entry on my account for near on £16,000 as default.

Nowm I am deeply concerned because this debt was originally defaulted back in June 2001. However, the debt was then apparently acquired by by 1st credit at the begining of 2004. They entered a new default as of Feb 2004. I am shocked at this because I thought that a debt collection agency couldn't add a new default atop the original default just because they bought the debt ?

Worse they are telling me that I apparently made a payment to Mackenzie Hall in 2007, which I denied all knowledge of. When I asked the debtor agency to go back to Mac Hall and get a copy of this payment and details, she got shirty with me saying NO, you owe us the debt and - quite literally - yeh, yeh, yeh, whilst I was trying to ask her to get prrof from Mack hall of payment. This cretin has made my blood absolutely boil !!

Can you help advise ?

First piece of advice is not to ring them, ever!

When the debt was initially defaulted back in 2001, it should have dropped off by 2007, as it becomes SB.

If your saying these clowns have messed with the dates so that they are able to place a marker on your CRF again then report them for fraud.

Speak with the CRA first and tell them that the information they have on there is incorrect, and that they must remove it, and get their complaints procedure sent out also!

Second make a complaint to the Information Commisioners Office, lodge a complaint with the OFT also.

And don't ring the muppets, unless you are recording your calls!

http://www.1stcreditltd.com/

Contact us

1st Credit's head office is located at:

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road

Reigate

Surrey RH2 7JP

Telephone: 01737 228 555

Does 1st Credit adhere to the OFT’s Debt Collection Guidance?

Yes, we are fully compliant. Since the OFT renewed our licence in February, another of our subsidiary companies, Connaught, was licensed in June, demonstrating that regulatory compliance is of paramount importance to the way we operate on a day-to-day basis.

How have you raised standards?

We constantly review our processes. In the past year, we have continually strengthened our compliance procedures and significantly advanced the knowledge and skills of all our staff. In particular, we make sure that we engage with all individuals in a professional manner, tailoring our approach to suit individual circumstances. This ensures that we strike a balance between clear negotiation if payment is refused, and advice about repayment schemes and support available where evidence of financial difficulty or vulnerability is clear.

Boo;)

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks, Bazooka ...

Yes, my view was SB. But am I right in stating that I have the right to request that they forward proof of a so-called payment to Mack Hall ? I will check with my own bank for the 2007 range, but can I insist that they provide prrof of this ??

Also, bazooka, they are saying that they bought the debt in 2004 and have an absolutel right to re-register a new default on the account from the date they acquired it ? Can this be right, as I understood that they can't do that and the default stands from the date that the original creditor defaulted me back in 2001 ??

Of course you can, there are a number of ways to get this, the most common and comprehensive way would be to SAR them, but are you aware of which DCA is still chasing a SB debt? If 1st crud have placed a marker on your file then I would SAR them, but also tell them that the debt is SB aswell as you have no knowledge of any such debt to them.

Speak with the CRA aswell and tell them that the entry on your file is incorrect, and you don't want to put a comment on there, you want it removed!:-x

Gotta go out, might check back in later, but I am sure someone else will happily advise you aswell!:D

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You might find this interesting - (check the links here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/164356-lowells-again-9.html#post1907382 ) And if they are saying you made a payment to Mackenzie Hall and you didn't then, I think we all know what they are doing !!....if it was me then I'd call them again and record the conversation asking confirmation that you made a payment in 2007 !!!

Also, bazooka, they are saying that they bought the debt in 2004 and have an absolutel right to re-register a new default on the account from the date they acquired it ? Can this be right, as I understood that they can't do that and the default stands from the date that the original creditor defaulted me back in 2001 ??

No they are completely misguided and incorrect, and for that you need to report them to the OFT, ready for next years licence renewals!:D

A default date cannot be changed to suit the DCA, once you have defaulted on a debt, (which is normally a week after the expected payment has not been recieved) then it will remain on your file for six years like you said, it will then automatically drop off, if, as they are trying to tell you, they are able to adjust the default date, then there would be no requirement for the Limitations Act:eek:

Just check and make sure you are 100% that you didn't pay them when they said you did:mad:

Once you are certain, go for their gonads:-x:-x

Boo;)