Unpaid parking ticket - CCJ query...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm £654.11 poorer today than I was yesterday.

I illegally parked my car (the valid ticket was only partially on display) back in August 2008, and duly responded with my counter claim that the ticket was present, and was on display. I received no reply, so considered the issue resolved, or at least the onus to be on the council (Barking & Dagenham) to respond to me.

I have since then received no correspondance from any debt collectors or courts.

Two men (one a baliff, the other a 'county court representative') then turned up on my parents doorstep yesterday (I've since moved away from home) with a County Court Judgement and warrant to remove goods to that value.

Unfortunately I wasn't present or able to get to my parent's address to resolve the situation in the allotted 30 mins time limit they imposed (before goods were taken away, including Mum's wedding rings), although I managed to find a family member kind enough to help me out before it came down to this.

I figured I simply hadn't read the county court summons etc as I hadn't picked up the post from my parents in a while, however upon investigation, I had not received any correspondance from the court.

The men who recovered the debt only left a receipt - no copy of a warrant, no copy of the county court judgement - just a receipt. The company's name: JBW Enforcement Ltd, EC2A 3WR. My phone conversations with them were distressing to say the least - they simply refused to beleive that I had not had any letters from debt collectors or the court, and said the warrant was going to be fulfilled - leaving me in a tight spot - my Mum's wedding ring taken away, or I fork out £650 on a case I wasn't aware of.

I am asking if anyone knows the answers to any of the below questions:

- Does a County Court summons need to be signed for?

- How can I get details of the supposed case? (Nottinham County Court)

- Does this mean I now have a dreaded CCJ hanging over my record? (The 'court representative' said it doesn't)

- My Dad wasn't allowed to touch the warrant - is this normal?

- Should JBW have left some form of correspondance with me, besides a very simple receipt?

- Is the fact that I hadn't re-registered my car to my new address fraud, deeming me liable for further criminal prosecution?

Sorry it's a long post - any help appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Gary

Hi, there will not be a CCJ against you. You cannot get a CCJ for a parking ticket. Your credit rating is not compromised. The debt will be registered at Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton, not Nottingham. 'Phone them and explain the situation. It may be possible to fill out an Out of Time statutory declaration, to resolve this matter. Also, the bailiff lied, he cannot take your mother's wedding rings, only your possessions and nobody elses..

I assume no correspondence was received at your mother's house?

Hi there,

I illegally parked my car (the valid ticket was only partially on display) back in August 2008, and duly responded with my counter claim that the ticket was present, and was on display. I received no reply, so considered the issue resolved, or at least the onus to be on the council (Barking & Dagenham) to respond to me.

I have since then received no correspondance from any debt collectors or courts.

Two men (one a baliff, the other a 'county court representative') then turned up on my parents doorstep yesterday (I've since moved away from home) with a County Court Judgement and warrant to remove goods to that value.

Unfortunately I wasn't present or able to get to my parent's address to resolve the situation in the allotted 30 mins time limit they imposed (before goods were taken away, including Mum's wedding rings), although I managed to find a family member kind enough to help me out before it came down to this.

I figured I simply hadn't read the county court summons etc as I hadn't picked up the post from my parents in a while, however upon investigation, I had not received any correspondance from the court.

The men who recovered the debt only left a receipt - no copy of a warrant, no copy of the county court judgement - just a receipt. The company's name: JBW Enforcement Ltd, EC2A 3WR. My phone conversations with them were distressing to say the least - they simply refused to beleive that I had not had any letters from debt collectors or the court, and said the warrant was going to be fulfilled - leaving me in a tight spot - my Mum's wedding ring taken away, or I fork out £650 on a case I wasn't aware of.

- Does this mean I now have a dreaded CCJ hanging over my record? (The 'court representative' said it doesn't)

- Should JBW have left some form of correspondance with me, besides a very simple receipt?

- Is the fact that I hadn't re-registered my car to my new address fraud, deeming me liable for further criminal prosecution?

Thanks guys,

Gary

First off Gary , this is not a criminal matter , parking tickets are a civil penalty not a criminal one . There will be no CCJ about this there never was , if JBw or their representative have told you this , they have seriously misled you and misrepresented the facts . If you do not live at your parents house , they had no authority to enter and take possessions , especially as they were not yours , they may as well have turned up at my house and tried it on .

Contact the council involved and the issuing court , most probably Traffic enforcement Centre in Northampton and explain that , you have had the bailiffs levy on not your house or goods , and ask for a statutory declaration on the ticket , pcn , to swear you received no correspondence , then you should be able to get the pcn back to the appeal stage and the monies returned . You then appeal the ticket formally , if you are then found liable , pay the council £100 or therabouts , if not good luck .

Hi there,

Thanks guys,

Gary

Gary , lets get this in perspective . You paid for parking , a mishap occurred open to the discretion of the parking attendant or the council .

You informed the council presuming common sense and decency would prevail . You received no reply , so you considered the matter closed .

6 months later 2 thugs turned up at your elderly parents home where you do not live , insisted on entry contrary to their powers , and took your mothers wedding rings , until someone paid them more by about 4 hundred pounds than they were legally due even if the pcn was valid and assuming it was your house in the first place .

Now if I told this to a friend in a South american dictatorship for example , they would say "thats outrageous , no one would try that here , they would n;t get away with it . " Gary you have been mugged by your council , thats properly Outrageous , if you think about it .

Gary , I think you should move this to the bailifs forum , try pressing the red triangle on the left to contact the site team

Edited by noddyaccount
add.on

• 1 year later...

obv a spoof thread

dx

closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks