You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Nittynora

Claiming Charges whilst in an IVA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3992 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone advise. I joined this website today, which has been very helpful but very daunting too.

I'm not entirely sure I have done the right thing to sort myself out but whats done is done! I have unsecured debts of approx £30k made up of cards and loans. I had a run of bad luck, with car bills, boilers giving up and vets bills, unfortunately over time I was paying more and more interest until I reached the end of my credit! Plus my bank at the time was crippling me with charges.

I arranged an IVA and managed to get a just about managable payment of £170/month however once the creditors meeting had been held it got increased to £216/month.

Friends have said that I can re-claim charges whilst I am in an IVA. Is this true?? And ... unfortunately I have managed to incur lots of charges with my new bank whilst the IVA was being sorted out, can I also claim these back or will I end up with them closing my account?? I work full time and have numerous part time jobs to keep the money coming in but I still have no 'spare' monies for emergencies or taxing/MOT'ing the car so thought this might help!

Any advice would be grateful! :)

Take it I cant claim whilst in an IVA?

I can't see why you can't but the best person to ask would be your Insolvency Practitioner.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

not sure if im correct but think ive read somewhere that you can claim but they may not refund you the money, just deduct it from the debt not sure if this is any help and cant even remember where i read it sorry, good luck anyway though :)

As far as I am aware you are still within your rights to claim charges back - the important thing is to inform your supervisor of your plans, and the outcome i.e how much you receive back. They would then inform your creditors and it is at their discretion as to whether they want the lump sum paying in on top of your payments, or whether they will take it off your total debt, increasing your offer x