County court letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, new subject for me.

My husband has had an Travis Perkins Trade accont for a business that isnt doing very well.

He has sent them a expenditure and lose application explaining the situation of financial hardship at the moment.

I have jiust found out that in May there had been a letter sent fro Northampton court (my husband has just mentioned ) and his morning i have received a Judgment for Claimant letter (in default) for Northampton Court asking for the full amount.

Can anyone shed some light on what this is and what my options are as i havent got a clue what to do.

Leanne

Mini,

A claim for money was issued out of the county court, wasn't defended and therefore, resulted in the court awarding judgment to the creditor.

Notice of the judgment is what arrived this morning. It explains that the amount mentioned in the judgment is now payable. It may not say this but the present posiion is that if the debt is not paid the creditor will be able to enforce payment.

What to do?

If there's a defence to the claim, the thing to do is to apply to the court to set aside the judgment. That is achieved by completing an application notice in which you explain the legal nauture of the defence (goods defective or whatever) and the reason why the claim was not answered in the first place. If you believe you have a defence, explain what that defence is and we can look at it in more detail and give you further guidance.

If as I suspect you do not have a defence (for otherwise there would have been no reason to explain the failure to pay by reference to your income and expenditure etc) then the thing to do is apply to the court to vary the order for the payment of the debt at once in to one which enables you to pay by affordable instalments. If this alternative is more to your liking say so and we can give more guidance about the procedure to gain an instalment order.

x20

Mini,

Calling the court up on the 'phone is no good. You need to make a formal written application.

Have a look at Form N245. It's the form of application you would need to deliver to the court and contains all the information you would need to supply in your application. There will be a court fee though. You could call the court to find out how much that would be.

Any queries on compleitng the form, let us know.

x20