style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I resigned my position as director from a small Ltd company last December and was advised that as the accounts had not been filed for last year, that eventually the company would be dissolved by Companies House.

I recently checked the Companies House website and it is now stating 'COMPULSORY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED (DISS16(SOAS))'

Does anyone have an idea what this means and what the implications are for me as a former director?

Many thanks

Hi TrevorDE

Same thing happened to my company. All creditors were sent the relevant info and forms when we closed. If they had any claim against us they had to inform us in writing. No claim was made.

Our application was marked as suspended on Companies House website. From what we can gather it was either HMRC that stopped it or maybe Companies House itself. As the company had ceased trading I did not fill in any more tax returns etc

Companies House keep fining me for not submitting accounts and HMRC are chasing me for tax liabilities that I do not owe.

I had to employ the services of an accountant to put them straight and my company finally got dissolved last week after nearly two years.

So apparently it was just 'missing paperwork' that was holding everything up.

It will be a creditor or someone believes they may be creditor objecting to the strike off. Write to CH and ask the who has objected. If it is HMRC ring them and ask them why they have objected. They will answer we 'beleive' you owe us money. Tell them you don't, send them a set of management accounts showing that you don't and ask them to remove their objection.

• 1 year later...

This is my first time on the forum, so please forgive me if I've inadvertently breached forum etiquette by replying to an old post, but this thread is exactly the area I'm trying to find out about, and I would be very grateful for any advice.

My partner wants to dissolve his company and applied for it to be struck off some time ago. The company lost its main source of income and things got quite bad financially and he wasn't able to pay the outstanding tax HMRC wants, or pay off the company bank account. The company was a one man band with no assets at all and ceased trading at least a year ago. I'm now trying to get everything in order and can see we have the DISS16(SOAS) note on the Companies House website. Thanks to this thread I now know what this means, and either the bank or HMRC put the kibosh on the striking off, I'll find out tomorrow.

What I want to know is, what happens next? There are no assets, there's no way for him to pay the outstanding debts as the company is no longer trading (which, excluding HMRC, have been passed on to collection agencies now), so what can we do? The CH website says you can't strike off a company if there is any pending court action, but we've only had letters from collection agencies saying there may be court action (the usual thing) so there isn't any actual court action planned. We just want to have it struck off so we can move on with our lives but have no idea how to proceed.:???:

Many thanks for reading.

Did you write to all creditors prior to applying for the strike off informing them that is what you intended to do? If not write to CH and find out who has objected and write and inform them that the company has ceasd trading and has no assets and invite them to eitherr remove theor objection to the strike-off or apply for the company to be wound up. If they apply for a wind-up the OR willbe appointed as Liquidator and you will responsible for delivering all books and records of the company to the OR and attending an interview to explain the history of the company and why it became insolvent. Sounds scary but if you have nothing to hide (i.e O/D DLA) you should have noting to worry about

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...