Statue Barred Debt -- JB Debt Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can somebody help me please.

I have come home to find a letter from JB Debt Recovery stating that i owe £3xxx from Hillesden Securities (Formerly Egg).

I am quite miffed at this, as 2 months ago i sent a Statue Barred letter to Ruthbridge who were chasing the debt, and i had no word from them since, until today i get this letter.

The last payment on this debt was in 2002 .. 100% Fact. Ruthbridge knew this, and have passed this on.

So i am mad this morning and i ring JB Debt Recovery to ask what the hell is going on. The guy says you own this money, end of story. I say when was the last payment made to this debt, or written letter by myself ?? 2002 sir. So i say well then this debt is staue barred, and they have no legal right to send throtograms through the mail saying they will make me bankrupt ect, ect.

"You are speaking to a legal advisor sir, This devt is not Staute Barred" We (JB Debt Recovery) have bought this debt and therfore it is no longer statue barred and payment is needed in full today".

Please advise me, Once statue barrerd, it can never become un barred, and if a company buys a debt, the clock does not reset again.

He says i need to seek some legal representative as i will be humiliated in court if i say it is statue barerd.

So again to clear this up, last payment to this debt was in Febuary 2002, and no payment or letter in writing by myself since then.

Hope somebody can give me some advice on this matter please.

Can somebody help me please.

I have come home to find a letter from JB Debt Recovery stating that i owe £3xxx from Hillesden Securities (Formerly Egg).

I am quite miffed at this, as 2 months ago i sent a Statue Barred letter to Ruthbridge who were chasing the debt, and i had no word from them since, until today i get this letter.

The last payment on this debt was in 2002 .. 100% Fact. Ruthbridge knew this, and have passed this on.

So i am mad this morning and i ring JB Debt Recovery to ask what the hell is going on. The guy says you own this money, end of story. I say when was the last payment made to this debt, or written letter by myself ?? 2002 sir. So i say well then this debt is staue barred, and they have no legal right to send throtograms through the mail saying they will make me bankrupt ect, ect.

"You are speaking to a legal advisor sir, This devt is not Staute Barred" We (JB Debt Recovery) have bought this debt and therfore it is no longer statue barred and payment is needed in full today".

Please advise me, Once statue barrerd, it can never become un barred, and if a company buys a debt, the clock does not reset again.

He says i need to seek some legal representative as i will be humiliated in court if i say it is statue barerd.

So again to clear this up, last payment to this debt was in Febuary 2002, and no payment or letter in writing by myself since then.

Hope somebody can give me some advice on this matter please.

Utter tosh but stop talking to them on the phone ;-)

Send off the stat barred letter, if you have not acknowledged (in writing) or made a payment on that account in a clear 6 year window it is stat barred and will NEVER become un-barred.

If you keep things in writing they cant make stupid comments like the above one. ("You are speaking to a legal advisor sir, This devt is not Staute Barred" We (JB Debt Recovery) have bought this debt and therfore it is no longer statue barred and payment is needed in full today".)

You could try complaining to the OFT about this company also but without it being recorded its you vs them.

S.

Right from Gordon Browns own lips (mind he's the worlds biggest liar):

IHTM28384 - Law relating to debts: statute-barred debts

If a lender allows time to pass without receiving any payment an action for recovery may become barred.

Under the Limitations Act 1980 the time limits are

• in simple contracts, 6 years
  • in contracts under seal, 12 years.

If the debtor acknowledges the debt in writing or makes a part payment within the original limitation period, then the time limits start to run again from the date of acknowledgement or the date of payment.

Unless it is already subject to a CCJ, or you live in Scotland.

In fact, thats made me angry.. complain anyway to the OFT and ask for JB debt recovery's complaint procedure in the same letter as the stat barred one.S.

Made you angry!:-x

Another DCA added to my list of baiting :)

I know that it is easy to say in hindsight, not to ring these clowns, but you have to give it to the new CAGgers, all they have done is what the idiots have told them too, if they don't, then by midnight the DCA's will 100% have stolen their doorsteps and incarcerated them!

Completely unlawful, and further evidence of these Muppet's illegal extortion racket, as there is no organisation with any backbone prepared to reign them in, once again it is left to CAG, and in the hope that all of these complaints might somehow have an effect on this corrupt racket!8)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

:Dand me,pmsl at what we see.

stop laughing when I think of all them we do not see or know about,the ones that do not know there rights and are conned into struggling and paying:-x or worse.

What's worrying is that JackFrost1989 knew it was statute barred but the DCA was still able to put doubts in his mind. Just how many people do they do this to every day and get away with it; it makes me shudder to think. And the authorities know they do it and turn a blind eye. It really is corruption at the highest level methinks...

sam624, really sorry to hear that. That's why it's important to post letters once - in the template bit i guess - and i guess try and avoid pm's if at all possible. i have seen sign offs saying "Do not PM me I will not respond" but when you want to help that must seem harsh!

usually a newbie who has read a post where i have been thanked for helping get rid of.

they either are never seen on cag again.

on thank me in pm and do not post outcome on their thread to update other caggers,or give hope to anyone new reading a thread thats similar to their problem.

will respond to pm and help anyone i can,if i can,:)

and get a perverse satisfaction if its another kick for lowell/red/hampton bunch

or in fact any **** DCA.

SAM

What's worrying is that JackFrost1989 knew it was statute barred but the DCA was still able to put doubts in his mind. Just how many people do they do this to every day and get away with it; it makes me shudder to think. And the authorities know they do it and turn a blind eye. It really is corruption at the highest level methinks...

It's an old trick. In interrogation, tellng the subject that someone else has already implicated him, or hinting that the interrogator knows more than he really does know can be most effective when used carefully, using snippets of genuine information rather than lying. However, many subjects will ultimately tell the interrogator something (usually what he thinks the interrogator wants to hear), because they think it will end the interrogation.

In the same way, DCAs, playing on most people's lack of knowledge of the law and their rights, seek to make people uncertain of their position by using lies and threats from the outset, and many will pay them just to make them go away.

Whilst all of this is a good reason, if one were needed, for not speaking to DCAs on the phone, there were several opportunities in the conversation to turn the tables so that the drone would end the conversation.

For some reason the press and authorities dont seem to publicise the 6yr rule anywhere. Its left for people to find CAG or similar sites 4 advice.

S.