You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

wavey01

UKPC parking - should we be writing to the shops using their services?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I have just joined this forum as someone who's been sent a £45 charge from ukpc parking for not parking correctly in a bay - (it was an empty area of the carpark, plus, someone had left a trolley in one of the bays meaning that you had to park your car across the parking bay line so as not to hit it).

From reading the posts, it appears that the best course of action is to simply ignore the letters and demands sent from ukpc as there is no legal way for them to get the money as it certainly isn't a criminal offence.

Anyway, I was wondering, as a different plan of attack, if it would be a good idea for people to write to the shops/businesses on the land overseen by the parking companies? Obviously the response from the shops/businesses will be that they don't have a say in who runs the car park.

However, if I tell them that I've previously spent £200 in their store but won't be using it again because of ukpc parking, they will start to think about talking to ukpc parking and the landlord. Surely, if enough people do the same, they will have to speak to ukpc parking and the landlord about changing their policies?

Yep, spot on. Best way to beat these crooks is to make them lose contracts (not that always have a contract with the landowner anyway).

Have drafted a letter to send to the HQ of the offending shop (B&Q) - hopefully if enough people send the same type of letter, it might force the retailers into some kind of action?

The letter...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to bring to your attention the UKPC Parking Company which oversees the car park where the ### B&Q warehouse is located.

I was recently given a £45 'Penalty Notice Charge' for an 'incorrectly parked vehicle' after visiting B&Q for approximately 10 minutes. The circumstances were; I parked on the far side of the car park, away from the shops and where there were no other cars. Also, a trolley had been abandoned across the 2 spaces which meant that I couldn't park in the bay unless I hit it.

I am well aware that it is the landlord who decides how to police the parking area and not B&Q. However, I have spent a few hundred pounds in B&Q over the past few months and would expect better protection as a customer. Therefore and in light of this [problem], until the problem is addressed, I would like to inform you that I won't be using B&Q for any future purchases and will inform anyone who may ask; to avoid the complex where the ### B&Q Warehouse is located.

I would advise B&Q (and the other retailers at the location) to talk to UKPC Parking Company and the landlord because this type of underhand money making scheme can only serve to put you and them in a bad light.

Yours Sincerely,

Here Here, Well Said.

I got one at lidl for 45 its now at 90. waiting for my third letter.

Ps Dont pay it.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p