You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Enu

Legally binding??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3993 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

My girlfriend has just bought a secondhand car 2 weeks ago from a independent dealer, written on the invoice is 'HPI clearance within 7 working days or refund' which she assumed was legally binding.

Is this correct? as the HPi check (and the finance company themselves have confirmed) there is still an outstanding debt on the car today.

Also as she paid for the car with a credit card would she be covered anyway??

Thanks

Most dealers use the money you pay to clear the HPI, as you paid by CC this can take slightly longer, however I'd check with HPI again in 14 days to ensure their interest has been settled.

Enu, are you sure it still has outstanding finance? I used to work in the trade for years, and we used to get many cars which appeared to still have outstanding finance but in fact hadn't, it was just that someone hadn't updated the systems. Find out who the finance is with, give them a call and ask them what the status is. If the finance has been apid off, ask them to change the status, they are usually quite happy to do it asap.

If it still has outstanding finance, take it back to the dealer in the condition it was sold and ask for your money back or else you may have to consider taking further action.

Hope that helps.

Enu, I just re-read your post and realised that the car still has outstanding finance on it today. I would take the car back as you are covered by consumer law for 3 months anyway.

Enu, I just re-read your post and realised that the car still has outstanding finance on it today. I would take the car back as you are covered by consumer law for 3 months anyway.

Where does 3 months come from?

You are covered, period.

You can sue the arris off them up to six years, never mind 3 months!

I've looked at your other posts, laurel and hardy -and you appear to be living up to your name.